dreaded brown envelope — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

dreaded brown envelope

rainbow58
rainbow58 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
Well I had difficulty with writing my diaries for HMCS and now it is too late,a letter from HMCS arrived this morning,it is probably the date for tribunal but at the moment i am too scared to open it.i know it will upset me -it already has ,i am in tears now at the thought of going through the whole ordeal ,I know i cant go through it on my own and  Age UK sad they could attend with me as the CAB no longer receive funding but will i be able to give them enough notice .and they will attend with me but wont necessarily speak for me.I dont have anyone else to turn to

Comments

• punk
    punk Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    I think you will have plenty of time to arrange someone to support you. The waiting time for tribunal hearings is long in most areas. Open the letter I’m sure it will put your mind at ease & give you plenty of time to arrange something. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Brown  envelopes can be the bearers of both good and bad news either way we don't know till we open them. I always take the view it maybe an inconvenience having to attend another acessment or fill another form but as I have nothing to hide like your selves, we never  give or gave or falsely given evidence about my, our conditions or claims. We have to accept that these envelops will continue to drop on the door Matt for as long as we are benefit claimants 
  • rainbow58
    punk said:
    I think you will have plenty of time to arrange someone to support you. The waiting time for tribunal hearings is long in most areas. Open the letter I’m sure it will put your mind at ease & give you plenty of time to arrange something.

Hi Punk 
    i did reply to you but my reply did not appear.i have waited since august ,the time between receiving the letter and the actual date is not that long/
  • rainbow58
    wilko said:
    Brown  envelopes can be the bearers of both good and bad news either way we don't know till we open them. I always take the view it maybe an inconvenience having to attend another acessment or fill another form but as I have nothing to hide like your selves, we never  give or gave or falsely given evidence about my, our conditions or claims. We have to accept that these envelops will continue to drop on the door Matt for as long as we are benefit claimants 
    true i have nothing to hide=only ever told things how they are-its the assessor that lied through his back teeth .

• amy798
    amy798 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Look into Fightback4justice - they may be able to advocate for you. Worth a phone call. Good luck
  • rainbow58
    i dont understand this.I finally plucked up courage to open it-it was a letter bthat said "about my appeal -see the attached directions from the judge"
    which were  First Tier Tribunal
                        social entitlement chamber
    Held at newcastle on 12/5

the tribunal directs
    1 the DWP to provide within 21 days of these directions a copy of the appellants most recent DLA award together with the Health Care Professionals assessment and any other evidence used in making the decision to award DLA.

confused by this as DLA was awarded indefinitely in 1998.does the HCP mean the assessor who did the assessment for PIP last august  or my doctor at the time DLA was awarded

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.