Does he have PTSD? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does he have PTSD?

Joelline
Joelline Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi,
I felt little frustrated as I have no way to get along with my husband. He is in the wheelchair after an accident last year. He becomes short-tempered. He should be mild. I feel sad and know he annoyed himself each quarrel. I love him, what should I do?

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Joelline.
    PTSD can only be diagnosed by a medical professional.I would say be patient.xx
    He may be frustrated at not being able to do what he did before the accident.You didn’t say whether it is temporary or permanent but if he is a good husband it is more than likely he is starting to feel inadequate.All you can do is reassure him and plod on.It May be worth him getting tested for depression but that in itself could cause him to feel worse.Just carry on loving each other and you will work through it.
        Debsidoo.x
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Joelline, and welcome! How are you doing? It sounds as though things are difficult at the moment for both of you, I really hope you can get the support you need. If this is something you're concerned about, it's definitely worth discussing it with a GP- they are the best placed to help and support both of you.

Brightness