Atos complaints — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Atos complaints

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
just finished typing up my letter of complaint to Atos, will post it tomorrow when I go out. I was wondering, are Atos compelled to publish, the number of complaints they receive. how many complaints are upheld and is there another body overseeing them.  
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Is it not available on ATOS or Capitas website?
  • susan48
    Just asking, thanks Mike.

openness and transparency is clearly not their strong point then  :/
  • charlene
    Well I have sent 1 copy of my complaint to DWP and another copy to Atos.  Will be interesting to see what they both say.  Mikehuges  do you know if there is a deadline for Atos to reply. Many thanks.
  • susan48
    Everything seems to take weeks with them , waiting and waiting on letters but we have to send things in within days, not fair in the least!! 
  • charlene
    Thanks Mikehughescq.  Motobility  are allowing me to keep the car until June., no charge. So hopefully I will hear from DWP concerning MR, 
  • charlene
    Sorry should have said shortly.
  • VeryPrivateGentleman
    VeryPrivateGentleman Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited May 2018
    When you have a concern they blame the DWP and the DWP then blames ATOS.
    There is no oversight bar going to your MP or contacting Michael Meacher MP who seems to have the bit between the teeth with them.
    They have changed their name after the ESA fiasco but its still in small print under their new name.
    They are also using the DWP logo on letter heads stating working in conjunction with or words of sort?
    I am taking them to task on this point.
    It needs to go back to in house DWP assessment this is nothing short of clinical abuse especially with what happened to my progeny.

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    They’re a private company contracted to do work for DWP. 
    Slight OT
    And because they are a private company, my guess is the assessors do not need to be D& whats name checked either - because they are not actually dwp employees? 
    Just thinking back to that other thread. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Shlbly
    Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
    Hi all new to this site.
    In the process of complaining about Atos assessment February 2017 with CAB via email and phone. Reason being, the assessor lied as soon as he walked in my front door, saying ‘I had walked a few metres’ when it was 48 inches, holding on to daughter and elbow crutch on other arm.
    I have now lost my appeal, March 2018 and my mental (which according to assessor I haven’t got) and physical health have both  detiorated badly in the last 18 months since all this started. However because I didn’t have the proper help with all this, the appeal people have gone with everything the assessor has wrote, not taking any notice of Doctors and Psychiatrist’s reports.
    i could go on, but with leave it at that for now. Disgusting how disabled people are being treated!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome @Shlbly, it's great to have you here! I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences- I'm sure many of our community members share your frustrations. I hope today is as kind as possible to you.
  • Shlbly
    Welcome @Shlbly, it's great to have you here! I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences- I'm sure many of our community members share your frustrations. I hope today is as kind as possible to you.
    Thank you for that, yes thousands of us I am seeing online.
    Appreciate your kind words, back at you ?
  • Shlbly
    A complaint to ATOS/IAS is legitimate when it comes to factual inaccuracies but it needs to be borne in mind that when ot comes to PIP points there’s no difference between 48 inches and a few metres. You need to have an equal if not greater focus on which points you ought to have scored and why.
    Thank you for your reply, yes have contacted CAB who a
  • Shlbly
    Shlbly said:
    A complaint to ATOS/IAS is legitimate when it comes to factual inaccuracies but it needs to be borne in mind that when ot comes to PIP points there’s no difference between 48 inches and a few metres. You need to have an equal if not greater focus on which points you ought to have scored and why.
    Thank you for your reply, yes have contacted CAB who a
    Sorry wrong button, CAB are helping as many lies and omissions in report!
  • Shlbly
    There may well be but discrediting their evidence is not in itself sufficient to qualify.
    No but it will make feel better after 18 months of this worry and stress!
  • shirleyt214
    shirleyt214 Community member Posts: 14 Courageous
    As if disabled people don't have enough to deal with.  What a farce!
    Shirley Todd

Brightness