No Capits Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No Capits Assessment

hellsd7
hellsd7 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi all,
I wondered if any of you could give me some advice please? 
I have had my Pip award reviewed,and instead of a face to face assessment..Capita rang my support worker out of the blue and bombarded her with questions...I had a text message the same day saying Dwp had my assessment and I should hear from them in the next month... My problem is I have no idea what my support worker has said and will her conversation override my medical reports ?? (She is a lovely lady but was shocked and put on the spot by the phone call)Thanks in advance xx

Comments

• hellsd7
    Ps...I sent the form back in January and Dwp messaged 2 weeks ago.... 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    hellsd7 said:
    Hi all,
    I wondered if any of you could give me some advice please? 
    I have had my Pip award reviewed,and instead of a face to face assessment..Capita rang my support worker out of the blue and bombarded her with questions...I had a text message the same day saying Dwp had my assessment and I should hear from them in the next month... My problem is I have no idea what my support worker has said and will her conversation override my medical reports ?? (She is a lovely lady but was shocked and put on the spot by the phone call)Thanks in advance xx
    Wow that is a turn up for the books! It seems to be a given fact that they never contact any of the people that you put on the forms - but maybe they have now changed all of that.
    I had the transfer from DLA to PIP back in 2013 and filled out the form naming names but no one was ever contacted. Then two years later I had another face to face for a review and the same happened, then finally in 2017 I had another face to face review with no one contacting anyone.

It must be a good thing in that they are seeking only confirmation of what you have claimed 

• hellsd7
    Thank you for your reply,I have had to fill the forms in for Dla then Pip 3 times and have never had a face to face assessment,but as far as I'm aware this is the first time anyone has been contacted & they got my support workers details from a previous application. The wait is stressful to say the least 
  • Yadnad
    edited June 2018
    hellsd7 said:
    Thank you for your reply,I have had to fill the forms in for Dla then Pip 3 times and have never had a face to face assessment,but as far as I'm aware this is the first time anyone has been contacted & they got my support workers details from a previous application. The wait is stressful to say the least 

Never had a face to face even for PIP AND they contacted one of the people that you had listed on the claim form? You must live in an area that is serviced by some very helpful assessors.
    Either that or the DWP/assessor thinks that I am one of those that is either chancing my luck in making a claim or that they simply don't like how I complete the forms.
    I'm utterly amazed.
    Did you have any sort of help or advice with the assessments/re-assessments? There is none were I live - well actually there is but it is impossible to get to see someone.
  • hellsd7
    I live in Lincolnshire,and have always filled the forms in myself,but do have a lot of medical evidence. The last form I completed was a review form not a full Pip claim form. 
  • Yadnad
    hellsd7 said:
    I live in Lincolnshire,and have always filled the forms in myself,but do have a lot of medical evidence. The last form I completed was a review form not a full Pip claim form. 

Thanks, but what good is medical evidence if the assessor/DWP choose to ignore it and it doesn't fit into their way of thinking?
    Ignoring the independent evidence I sent in, I  have another DWP benefit life award - IIDB which is based entirely on mental health issues. I had a full medical assessment carried out by the DWP doctors who agreed with the issues I face and the loss of use of part of my brain. That particular award letter together with the DWP medical report awarding me a disability based benefit at 40% of loss was sent to the DWP for the change over from DLA to PIP.

The decision letter I received from them based on the PIP assessors report was that I do not and never have suffered from any form of mental health problem!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.