Community Badges — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Community Badges

Pippa_Alumni
Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
edited June 2018 in Community updates
Here at Team Scope, we like to reward valuable members of the online community with our digital badges, to recognise and celebrate their contributions to the forum. Some of these badges are awarded automatically, such as 10 comments, 10 likes or 10 discussions, and others are awarded by administrators. Just some of the badges up for grabs are...

•  Agony Aunt - You wrote a really great reply and helped a member out, thank you!
  • Barista - You joined in at The Coffee Lounge
  • Community Joker - Thanks for making us laugh!
  • Community Watch - You keep the community safe by reporting spam and worrying comments to us, you are looking after everyone.
  • Headlines - Thanks for sharing a new and interesting story
  • Miles of Smiles - Thanks for making us smile
  • The Silver Lining Badge - You shared a story in Reasons to be Cheerful
You can also find out more about all of the community badges on this page, and if there's a community member who you'd like to nominate for a badge, do let us know by emailing community@scope.org.uk. Happy collecting! 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Pippa, I go out three time a day on my scooter walking Maggie my dog. There is always a lot of other dog walkers about many have become good friends now so I have a tease with a few now and then my latest tease was, a lady was throwing a ball with a ball thrower. I called out have you got a lience and permit to use that, no didn't know I had to have one, I replied  you can't just come over here and throw balls with out a lience or permit, o sorry where do I get one from? Down the cumunity Center. After she had taken it all on board I confessed to her and we had a laugh about it  and when ever we meet out she either hides her thrower or shows a pretend permit.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Haha, bet you caught her off guard! Thanks for sharing that, @wilko
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm probably the Joker but will let others nominate.
    I am in real life so why the change the habit of lifetime.  :)

The word game is still going. I caused it.  
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    As a long term contributor I have a number of badges but as the only place they are seen is if you follow the link to the person they don't seem to be of much value. More important to me if I do look someone up is the responses by the community such as likes, awesomes, etc.

I would think that if you want to make badges more useful or helpful then they should be more visible.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    I love my badges!

A new member just replied to me, in reply to their post, and said “You helped save my day” which gave me an idea for a new badge....a superhero badge ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
  • topshoes
    edited November 2018
    i like my badges, may sound silly as i never know when im getting a new one, so  a surprise when i do
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I do a little happy dance haha!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • topshoes
    yes why not @Ami2301 ,  never in my dreams did i know what the site was when i came on here but so glad i did.now 

Brightness