Muscular test in assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Muscular test in assessment

sunnydays1
sunnydays1 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone please excuse my spelling and grammar but would like to ask a question about pip assessment report thank you xx I was told in my assessment that the lady was not going to do a a muscular test because she could see how much pain I was in but on the report I got back she had put that I was unable slash declined two do the test and in other places in the report had put that I was unable due to pain will this stop me from getting an getting an award I am so so upset and worried could someone please help me if they know if it will affect my decision made by the case manager the rest of my report was good and points added up to enhanced for both but I'm so confused if this will affect it all thank you God bless

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Do not worry you should be ok you are over thinking it chill out and wait for the brown envelope 
    Decision makers stand by what the assessors say and it sounds like you will have a good outcome.
  • sunnydays1
    Thank you marky boy it's just the bit where she lied and said I refused the test . I read somewhere it can disqualify you getting Pip don't know why she lied it's terrible I would have done the test if she wanted me to to the best I could in pain thank you again Marky boy hope this is assign for something good to come as I call my husband Marky boy thank you again so much for your reply
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sunnydays1, where do we get our names from? Hello and welcome to the scope comunity. I am sure your accessment went well, the acessor can not ask or expect you to do any muscular movements that cause you pain or discomfort. Have you phoned and requested a copy of your accessment report this takes about 14 days to arrive once requested and on arrival will give you a good indication of what your award will be. But you will still have to wait for the official brown award letter for confirmation. Keep posting.
  • sunnydays1
    Hi Wilko thank you for your message I have got the assessment report already the point scoring she gave me is really good but it's just the fact that she put down I refused the muscular test which I don't want it to make me look bad and like I said to Marky boy I would have done test would have been in a lot of pain but would have tried just wish she had not put down I refused and put that she said in this assessment she did not want to put me through any more pain as the assessment was quite stressful and was in pain crying through all assessment thank you so much for your reply
  • sunnydays1
    PS Wilko I didn't know what to put I love the sun and it helps my depression so thought that was a good username ;-)
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    There are 3 stressful things in life Money, Moving house ,and applying for PIP

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.