Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Asking landlord to change home

SystemSystem Posts: 530

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Disability is getting me down.

Replies

• AndrewAddisAndrewAddis Member Posts: 9 Listener
    hi Iam a left leg amputee and having trouble with my landlord about exchanging from a big three bedroom house and a very large garden and I can't do it to a flat with would be great for as I have other medical problems as well but I feel that they are penalized me so very upset with it all thanks
  • GainaGaina Member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    hi Iam a left leg amputee and having trouble with my landlord about exchanging from a big three bedroom house and a very large garden and I can't do it to a flat with would be great for as I have other medical problems as well but I feel that they are penalized me so very upset with it all thanks

That actually poses a really interesting question: Is he classed as providing you with with a service - accommodation - under the Equalities Act? And B. If he has accommodation suitable for you that you *could* move into, is that classed as making a 'reasonable adjustment'? Might be one for thr CAB!
  • Mandy1066Mandy1066 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Andrew have you contacted social services.i had a problem and they acted on my behalf and contacted people in the know for me. I also had interview with carers.co.uk who also could help.hope you get sorted 
Sign in or join us to comment.