Autistic son needs photo ID — Scope | Disability forum

Autistic son needs photo ID

angnryan Member Posts: 50 Connected
Hi, my son is autistic adult, does anybody know how to get him photo Id suitable for use in UK, I'm trying to put things in place for his future ,he's never had a passport or a driving licence obviously, and has no utility bills etc in his name as they all come out of my bank account ,I'm his appointee and carer, thanks in advance 


  • whistles
    whistles Member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger This can be applied for to prove your age. 

    You can get a passport as proof of identity, you don't have to use it.

    What is the photo ID for? Check what they require you to have.

    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • angnryan
    angnryan Member Posts: 50 Connected
    It's just for general identification as it seems everything you need to do nowadays they want a driving licence with your photo on,and son won't be allowed to drive (I assume) due to his autism, thanks for the link, I will have a look