Help with PIP evidence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with PIP evidence

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
I can across this, and need help, I have a copy of my most recent mental heath evaluation but the letter says confidential? Does this mean I can’t use it as it won’t be taken into consideration? 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Is the confidential on the envelope only 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    When you get letters hospital reports ect marked confidential it is for your eyes only as for giving it as evidence for your acessment copy it and send it in if you are concerned ring DWP and ask their advice on sending using such Infomation with confidential printed on it or maybe you can blank it out before you copy.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    Please do not send it with private and confidential to any benefit claim as the decision maker will not see it, I was told about this a long time ago and showed my Doctors etc the above about and now they all just write (To whom it may concern) only.

That way everyone at the DWP can see and use it. It's one lesson I learn long ago.

So my advice is talk to whoever helps you with your care to remove that above wording.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• [Deleted User]
    The letter says confidential - addressee only? 

niknoo said:
    The letter says confidential - addressee only? 

@niknoo even with the wording stated confidential I would be careful as with the advice I've already given you above.

And I If was you I would get the confidential bit removed if you can. I can only give you the advice I've had done as I know what others have had past problems with these wordings. 

just try and get them to write (To whom it may concern) if you can.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• [Deleted User]
    Thank you, I’ve rang the person involved in my care and explained the wording could cause a problem, just waiting for a phone call back from the doctors secretary, hopefully they can sort it? I’ve also just looked through my sons DLA award letter and it says the made the decision based on the medical evidence supplied and all his says confidential. 
  • [Deleted User]
    So the charity that are helping me with my forms have said that as it’s been copied to me it shouldn’t be a problem sending it in. 
    edited June 2018
    Okay @niknoo I'm not gonna tell you what to do, as your Son had stuff for his DLA medical paperwork with it on and he was okay fair enough.

The rules on this for PIP and ESA have changed regarding it so If you feel and are happy with the advice you've been told go with that.

But remember what you've posted above? and in with my past encounters with the DWP I played the safe game and had them all reworded to make sure all party's have seen all the evidence I produced and I feel 100% knowing if I ever had to appeal I would know they would have all seen my paperwork on that basis I know I would win my appeal if I had to have one.

So you must do what is right for you it's you call.

please let us know how you get on.

On the last note to add I've always ever only had Paper Based assessments for DLA indefinite and for both PIP ongoing and ESA support group. Yes I'm going through ESA again with further to the point evidence again with (To whom it my concern) stated I know I should be okay bit I still worry it could go wrong and I will take to appeal and win.
    ⬇️

• [Deleted User]
    @Governments_A_Joke thank you for you invaluable advice, seeing as you’ve been through it and your advice seems to make sense I am going to get a new copy sent out to me without confidential on it and also when the Doctors secretary spoke to me earlier said had she known I’d be sending it off for a PIP application she would never have put confidential on it, so it seems they’re aware of it too! 
    So thank you for you advice. It’s been taken on board :) 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Under the terms of the new Data regulations you cannot forward anything on that was sent to the original recipient. and marked confidential.

This is what should now appear on all emails and letters;

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail including any attachments. Any review, dissemination distribution, copying or other use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.

email in the above should also read 'letter'.

• [Deleted User]
    @Yadnad this explains why my sons DLA was okay then as that was done before all the new changes came in. 
    niknoo said:
    @Governments_A_Joke thank you for you invaluable advice, seeing as you’ve been through it and your advice seems to make sense I am going to get a new copy sent out to me without confidential on it and also when the Doctors secretary spoke to me earlier said had she known I’d be sending it off for a PIP application she would never have put confidential on it, so it seems they’re aware of it too! 
    So thank you for you advice. It’s been taken on board :) 
    @niknoo
    Your most welcome, and I believe people that deserve the help from the state I will do the best I can to advise and I'm very glad my advice is helpful and it's served you well.

I might be buggered 98% myself but I just about have a bit of brains left to help. I'm no good FTF with people but helping online is something I can just manage, I know how cruel this system is and I have a fantastic MP friend and works tirelessly to help us and has been a great asset and a great friend to me as she knows my full situation I'm in and that's priceless.

She saved my life when all I felt was lost and I was on the really on edge.
    ⬇️

• [Deleted User]
    @the governments a joke like you, I’ve only ever had paper based decisions for esa support and DLA indefinite and I’m having to go from DLA to PIP and hoping it’ll be the same and no need for a f2f as I get so nervous and panic. I’ve had DLA since I was 9 (well my mum had it for me) and I’ve had it my entire adult life .... only had to appeal once when I was 18 and that was because I didn’t fill out the form very well, but won tribunal. 
    I have mental aswell as numerous physical problems and this whole process has made me so ill (well worse than usual!) but coming on here and speaking to kind people like you really does lift my spirits xx
    @niknoo God bless you I'm glad it's helped you I will always help anyone that are deserving in this case you've certainly are and gone through the mill. 

This is the problem if you don't fill the form in right they are likely to cause further torture, but always add constructive evidence relating to your difficulty's whether it be physical or mental or both.

Im lucky I have a catalogue of evidence to back everything up as tight as a ducks behind.. lol.

If you have a psychiatrist that can explain in full and all diagnosis and all the issues you face like mine has done for me and he has point blank like all my GP and other HP, surgeons etc. Have told them point blank to the point I can't go to any assessment at home or a centre and is backed up and all up to date and I won't ever improve.

Please take care and let us know how you get on. Xxx
    ⬇️

• [Deleted User]
    I have a fabulous supportive GP who have done me a fantastic letter and supplied consultant reports etc but he’s known me since I was a little girl so he really looks after me and has helped me through so much. xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    That's great news 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    niknoo said:
    I have a fabulous supportive GP who have done me a fantastic letter and supplied consultant reports etc but he’s known me since I was a little girl so he really looks after me and has helped me through so much. xxx
    GP's of that type and nature are fast becoming a part of history.
    Think how you would be never seeing the same GP more than once. 

My GP surgery was similar up until a few years back when one by one they retired early leaving everything in the hands of locums. On top of that because three GP practices closed down in the town our GP had to take on extra1000.'s of patients + we have a large influx of migrants.

We were a lovely village 18 years ago now it has all gone.  Even in the primary school what was once a fairly middle class type of school we now have over 40 different languages being spoken. 
  • [Deleted User]
    My old GP retired but having the medical condition I have, I’ve seen them all through the years and my old GP made sure my care was handed over to someone who knew me, knew my background etc so I’ve been very lucky. My friend on the other hand can never see a GP, her surgery only has 3 locums now and seeing her struggle makes me really appreciate how lucky I am to be so supported. I fully agree GP’s like mine are a rare and dying breed :( 
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Just reading all these things we all have too worry about .with sending stuff in etc etc .not what too say what not too  is blooming ridiculous .criminals proberly get treated better .all this stress and worry. I pray for change .good luck x
  • [Deleted User]
    At least we are all in this together and can support each other xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.