PIP Assesor's report on it's way! (Naughty Atos!) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assesor's report on it's way! (Naughty Atos!)

Gaina
Gaina Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
It's been a week since my f2f so I called the DWP and requested the report. The lady I spoke to was very helpful and ordered it, no problem!

Lesson: If your appointment is with Independent Assessment Services (formerly Atos) , IGNORE the leaflet, you CAN have your report before the decision letter!

I know many of you already discovered this, I'm just reiterating it for anyone still facing their assessment. :)

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the Infomation I am sure many will be pleased to read this. Keep posting.
  • Gaina
    Gaina Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    wilko said:
    Thanks for the Infomation I am sure many will be pleased to read this. Keep posting.

Will do! The more time people have to prepare for a Mandatory Reconsideration, should they need to, the better. ?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Gaina said:
    Lesson: If your appointment is with Independent Assessment Services (formerly Atos) , IGNORE the leaflet, you CAN have your report before the decision letter!

I suppose this falls in the same category of being told that you cannot send any evidence in that is more than two years old and no evidence should be sent in with a review if it was originally sent in for the previous award.
  • Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    I have just received a new claim form to complete and in it states you can send any letters, reports or evidence even if it is not recent. It doesn't give any time limit??
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP asked me if I wanted my 1998 DLA medical evidence included with my 2016 PIP assessment - so apparently there is no time limit for relevant medical evidence.
  • Yadnad
    Rosie2017 said:
    I have just received a new claim form to complete and in it states you can send any letters, reports or evidence even if it is not recent. It doesn't give any time limit??
    Well I never. So they have decided to remove one of the reasons why awards were never made. What about those that lost out under their old rule and gave up and did not appeal?

• Yadnad
    Matilda said:
    DWP asked me if I wanted my 1998 DLA medical evidence included with my 2016 PIP assessment - so apparently there is no time limit for relevant medical evidence.

They do ask, but from personal knowledge they very rarely actually get the DLA file from storage. The reason that I know is that the DWP admitted that the evidence they used to fail me did not include anything from the DLA file.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    It's like a constant contraindication and first got told keep it brief to just send recent  then another lady said send everything!like starting from scratch .seems too be no solid ground rules so confusing !
  • littleruthie123
    Can't I give my assesser extra info? Please .or shall I keep it in case I need it ?.
  • Yadnad
    edited June 2018
    It's like a constant contraindication and first got told keep it brief to just send recent  then another lady said send everything!like starting from scratch .seems too be no solid ground rules so confusing !
    No it's not called a contradiction, it's a way of throwing claimants off balance changing the rules mid stream because they then don't actually know what to do or submit.
    I have spent some time reading the assessors guide and if they actually followed what they are supposed to do the system may well work much better. But who wants it to work better?

As for handing evidence to the assessor it is most likely that it will be thrown back at you without reading it as not relevant. 

• littleruthie123
    Right ok do I send it too dwp then?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.