8 weeks — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

8 weeks

alisonann
alisonann Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi I had a f2f assessment 8 weeks ago for pip still haven't heard anything from them. Should I ring them or just wait

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @alisonann
    you can call them requesting a copy of the assessors report and that will give you an indication of what points you scored.

id also ask them a timescale for the decision to be made, if it’s not already been done
  • alisonann
    alisonann Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    I asked for assessors report last Friday but haven't had anything yet. The assessor told me I should hear between 4 to 6 weeks
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh ok, I think it takes about 10 days after you request it.

just have to wait for the letter and I hope your successful 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Always phone for a copy of your accessment report it makes interesting reading and give you a guide to what your award may be.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    alisonann said:
    I asked for assessors report last Friday but haven't had anything yet. The assessor told me I should hear between 4 to 6 weeks
    The assessor will have no idea on backlogs in your area. There's no timescales to decisions, for this reason. Ring again and ask if the report has been sent, it has been known for them not to send it when first requested.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.