Pip appeal timescale — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal timescale

davidstill1973
davidstill1973 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi. My name is David. I am still waiting on an appeal date 12 months after getting problem after problem off Sep and atom. I have citizens advice involved and one of their workers as my helper when it is eventually heard. Citizens advice say they r having a joke with me all the way through. Citizens advice know the law I think and they say I am entitled to the help 110percent. I live in Rotherham. Any idea if I am going to be waiting another 12 months after God knows how long  with the way they have been with me. Thank you

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I believe there have been a few posts reporting as much as 18 month wait. I haven't got to that stage yet so cannot help myself but perhaps if you search you might find some of the posts. I have read too many to remember the specific ones, sorry.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • davidstill1973
    The word Sep should have said dwp  and word atom should have said atos.  Sorry
  • davidstill1973
    Topkitten said:
    I believe there have been a few posts reporting as much as 18 month wait. I haven't got to that stage yet so cannot help myself but perhaps if you search you might find some of the posts. I have read too many to remember the specific ones, sorry.

TK
    Thankyoi
  • davidstill1973
    Have u got number for appeals service anybody SO as I can ring them for any update? Thank you
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    There are a couple of pinned posts in the PIP advice section. Perhaps there are telephone numbers listed in them? Normally I would look for you but I haven't been able to sleep so am struggling myself.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Have u got number for appeals service anybody SO as I can ring them for any update? Thank you
    It depends where you are in the country. The number should be at the top of a letter you've received from them. You will also need your reference number when ringing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • davidstill1973
    Ok x. Same here

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.