I would like to hear your experience with Vocal Accessible devices — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I would like to hear your experience with Vocal Accessible devices

JuliettePoggi
JuliettePoggi Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Hello Scope Community!

My name is Juliette and I am a Research Associate at the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design.
As part of my current research project at the centre I am investigating on the future of Vocal Accessibility. I would be really interested in knowing if you use voice command to access your digital devices (for example Siri).

Here a few of the informations I would like to gather from your experience:
Do you use any vocal accessible technology?
Could you explain me why you use it or not use it?
Do you use it for any specific activity like banking, navigation or learning?

All the information collected will be exclusively used for for research purpose and consequential report. 

Many thanks in advance, 
Juliette
 <3 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JuliettePoggi and a warm welcome to the community! I hope some of the community are able to answer your questions so you can gain the research you need. If there is anything else I can help you with then please do not hesitate to be in touch!
    Scope

• JuliettePoggi
    edited July 2018
    Thank you @Username_removed for such quick reply, all this is really helpful.
    The reasons you've pointed out appear to be a common thread amongst few people with similar condition we interviewed.

It would be great to hear more about your experience.
    We can do it here otherwise you can contact me at [removed by moderator]

Very best and thank you again!
    Juliette
  • JuliettePoggi
    Hello @Username_removed
    I hope you are having a lovely Sunday!
    As you mentioned in your reply your sight impairment can leave you vulnerable. For this reason it would be really interesting to know how you deal in specific situations, if you experienced them. 
    1) Imagine you have to reach a new place to meet someone or to do a business. How do you plan and achieve your journey?
    2) You have to use an ATM machine and/or go to your branch to solve some banking issue. What are the steps you take and where are the obstacles?
    Many thanks again, 
    Juliette

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.