Asked support group to stop contacting me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Asked support group to stop contacting me

Krypto
Krypto Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everybody one question...im in the support group but am still being harassed by maximus, i've asked them to stop contacting me, they are aware  im in the support group,as far as i know im within my rights to tell them where to go, can anybody confirm...Thank's ....Krypto

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Krypto

I think this depends on whether Maximus is contacting you about a possible work capability assessment or whether they are contacting you regarding possible work related activity. It may be one or the other because they are responsible for carrying out the medicals on behalf of the DWP as well as offering back to work support on various contracts.

If it is about the work capability assessment then you should engage with this process otherwise your ESA could stop. If it is not about the work capability assessment but you are being offered back to work support on a voluntary basis then you can of course decline the offer as you are in the support group. If this is the case and they continue to contact you i would suggest you make a complaint to both Maximus and the DWP. There is information about the DWP complaints process here.

I hope this helps.
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Krypto
    Krypto Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for the reply David it's not for an assessment, it's just a pushy psychopath, il take your advice and complain to maximus and the DWP  thanks Kyrpto

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.