Waiting for appeal date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for appeal date

Options
Tr1cky
Tr1cky Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have refractory epilepsy . I have been waiting for my appeal  date since February 2018. I can’t tell you how much that man who assessed me had annoyed me . Apparently I was slumped in a chair . I was in fact trying to get comfortable as I had been recovering from 3rd degree burns on both legs due to spilling a kettle of boiling water over myself during a seizure. Basically my husband is my carer. Now they have said I don’t need to be watched 24/7 even though this has happened. So they stopped my living allowance, which also means my husband has had his carers allowance stopped. He had to give his job up to care for me . I have grand mal/ tonic clonic and absent seizures which I have no control over .

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Tr1cky Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry what has happened. You are not alone. Many members of our community have similar stories.  Who will wish to share and offer useful suggestions and advice.

Understand what you are going through and feel for you.
    We can offer support. Please have a look around on benefits advice.  Plus have look around the forum for any comments and to chat, talk debate.

You will find others like your self. Hope I can offer any words of comfort. We are always here to listen.  You are not alone. Remember that.

Anytime you wish to. Some of members of our community will be in touch to help and to offer any support.

Including my self of course. Is there anything you wish to know. Please ask. A member of our community will know.

Hope that helps

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @Tr1cky!

Thank you for sharing this with us and I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences- I'm sure many of our community members will be able to empathise. Fingers crossed for your appeal date coming through soon- perhaps you could try calling them via the number listed on your previous letters, to see if they can give you an update?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.