Pip timeline — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip timeline

Options
Pin
Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
I'm really confused, had my f2f 3 weeks ago then got a text 4 days later saying they’d got my report and it would be around 4 weeks. Then today I got a letter saying they had everything they needed to make a decision. So is it 4 weeks from this letter?

Comments

• Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    You could ring them and get them to clarify it for you.
  • Pin
    Options
    I’ll just wait, there’s a “don’t call us, well call you” on it. I spoke to them yesterday too (about something else) and they said another few weeks. 
  • 11faerie1
    11faerie1 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.Got text last week.The assessor told me it would be 4 wks till decision, so may not have to wait long.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no timescales to any decision. It all depends on backlog in your area. The HCP's won't know anything about the backlogs and 4 weeks you told was just a guess, they tell everyone the same thing. Some wait 2 weeks, while others wait 8 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pin
    Options
    I guess all we can do is wait, I wish things went a bit faster though.
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Options
    Poppy123456 is absolutely correct, I’m sorry to tell you this Pin but it’s been 8 weeks since the dm had my assessment report and I’m still waiting ( albeit that mines an intervention due to my health deteriorating). I’ve been told many variations of why it’s so long, I think it’s simply backlogs. Plus someone else on the forum mentioned its holiday time, that sounds right too. When you think about it if a dm is on holiday for, let’s say 2 weeks or the sick, who’s going to pick up their work for that period of time, I doubt very much there’s anyone else. 
    Its really hard, I too wish it could go a little faster. I don’t know if you’ve been told this before, but I’ll mention it anyway, you can ask for the hcp assessment report by calling the dwp.
    Good luck,try and be patient, I know it’s very very hard. I try to keep saying to myself I will know one day!!! Hahaha ???
  • rayrar80
    rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Options
    my son had the txt after his f2f and it said we would hear in 4 wks we also had the letter to say they had everything they needed and he got his decision exactly 4 wks after.
  • Gwendoline1
    Options
    Rayrar, you’re showing off now hahaha! It does seem to depend on where you live and the backlog they’ve got. I’m just one of the unlucky ones ???. Brilliant news again rayrar ????
  • rayrar80
    rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Options
    I cant believe they actually stuck to a time they had given haha, ive still got everythin crossed for u gwendoline, hopefully this wk, fingers crossed Xx
  • Gwendoline1
    Options
    Hahaha it must have been great and such a relief when you found out? I’ve decided it will happen, so im leaving it for the postman to tell me, I’ve given up phoning now. I will know one way or another. Someday hahaha???
  • jules13
    jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Options
    I was told 6-8 weeks and if I haven’t heard anything by 8 weeks to call them. I had to call yesterday and over the phone the automated speech said 4weeks. I’m just going to wait lol and hope and keep everything crossed 
  • Gwendoline1
    Options
    You too! It will come, we just need to be patient ????
  • Pin
    Options
    Goodness that’s a long time. I got my report this morning and I’m hopeful I may get something at least.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Pin said:
    Goodness that’s a long time. I got my report this morning and I’m hopeful I may get something at least.
    Have you added the points up to see what you scored? In the report will be boxes with dots next to them. Look at the PIP descriptors and compare the boxes with the dots to see what you scored. They usually go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pin
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Most of the report is accurate with a few things which contradict each other.

As expected I’m not seen to be as tired as I say because I work. It’s frustrating, I’m desperate to work less as I’m not coping. 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I guess delays must be bad here, it's been over 6 weeks since I applied and I haven't even heard if I have to go through a f2f yet.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Pin
    Options
    Wow, my f2f was arranged about after a week. It’s not atos up here though.
  • jules13
    jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Options
    Topkitten said:
    I guess delays must be bad here, it's been over 6 weeks since I applied and I haven't even heard if I have to go through a f2f yet.

TK
    I applied April, form sent back May and I only had my f2f 30th July. I’m pretty sure everyone has to have a f2f x 
  • 11faerie1
    11faerie1 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options
    When they received my form I got letter 2 wks later to say f2f home visit following week..Talk about panic.Never asked for home visit.Tho maybe it due to anxiety, depression and seizures.Im in n. ireland.
  • Pin
    Options
    Got a back payment today - 4 weeks almost exactly since my f2f.

glad it all went smoothly, I’ve put off applying for 6 years because of the horror stories.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.