When do you hear the results of a tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When do you hear the results of a tribunal?

2018 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i had my court date today which I’ve waited for since December. I was in there over two hours and then said they would write to me with the answer. Where I was told I’d get told today does this mean it’s a straight no and didn’t want to say to my face or do I still have a chance of getting pip as really really worried now as all in all it’s next month would be a year since applying 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @2018 and a warm welcome to the community! I hope someone in the community will be able to help with this :) If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to be in touch!
    Scope

Thank you. It’s just been all so stressful and now being left to wait again is to much 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Not a problem @2018, I am not surprised it is stressful! I know many others will be able to relate to your experiences
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Sometimes it's not possible to make a decision on the day of the hearing and not everyone has their decision on the day. If it's not possible they write to you within a few days with the decision. It doesn't mean anything other than they couldn't make a decision today. Hopefully it's good news for you and you'll have that decision by the middle of this week. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • darcieollie
    darcieollie Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    I had to do the same back in December it’s so stressful unfortunately they only scored me 7 points at that time and couldn’t give me the answer there and then ... hope you have the answer your waiting for x
    Thank you for all your time so it’s more likely going to come back as a no then as  don’t u need 8 points to get any help from them 

• darcieollie
    It doesn’t mean no but mine went pretty well in front of them and still only scored 7 then but 0 other times 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    2018 said:
    Thank you for all your time so it’s more likely going to come back as a no then as  don’t u need 8 points to get any help from them 

No one can predict what the decision will be. For PIP you need at least 8 points in either of the parts for an award, there's 2 parts to PIP daily living and mobility. 8 points for standard and 12 for enhanced.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
    It doesn’t mean no but mine went pretty well in front of them and still only scored 7 then but 0 other times 
    How long was u in your meeting mine was over 2hours
  • darcieollie
    Yes it was about 2 hours 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    I didn’t get my appeal decision on the day either, I waited a few days then called the tribunal number and asked for them to tell me over the phone, which they did.

i won my appeal so don’t give up hope yet @2018
    susan48 said:
    I didn’t get my appeal decision on the day either, I waited a few days then called the tribunal number and asked for them to tell me over the phone, which they did.

i won my appeal so don’t give up hope yet @2018
    Thank you that gives me a little hope it’s the question they kept asking me over the two hours confused me so much I have drop alarm a blue badge the house is getting changed to help me but all they kept asking was when did I call an amblance last for a fall. It’s been years cos I don’t bother anymore. Felt like they didn’t believe I was in pain the man kept saying u look Comfortable when I was in pain.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.