Social worker helped me with PIP form- success! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Social worker helped me with PIP form- success!

Options
frasernash
frasernash Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
my DLA was stopped last October 31st on the evidence of the dreaded ATOZ who now use a different name, I asked for a review which went against me. I contacted social services who had filled out the forms and they said to appeal and they would represent me at the appeal, to get to the point, I won the appeal and instead of getting the lower rate of DLA of for mobility and care ( a total of about £40 per week ) I have been awarded the standard rate of PIP for mobility and the enhanced rate for care ( a total per week of £108 ) back dated for 41 weeks, what I want you to know is that there is help out there. Please go to your social services department and ask for help they will fill out forms and guide you through it all,  without their help I would be in real trouble financially, also do not trust ATOZ as they actually lied about my interview, I hope this in some way helps you just remember don't give up, fight it all the way it can be worth it.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @frasernash, welcome to the community! Thank you very much for sharing this story for us all, I am sure it will help a lot of members :)
    Scope

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @frasernash

A very warm welcome.

Its a great result for you and well done for sticking with your case.

You also had valuable support from your social services team.

You PIP award, gives you automatic rights to add on benefits.

e.g. Half car tax deduction, for you monitor award.

I would contact your social worker, to get detailed advice.

Thanks for encouraging our community, to persist in claimant process.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     I contacted social services who had filled out the forms and they said to appeal and they would represent me at the appeal, to get to the point, I won the appeal.... what I want you to know is that there is help out there. Please go to your social services department and ask for help they will fill out forms and guide you through it all,  without their help I would be in real trouble financially,
    Congrats! You were indeed extremely fortunate to have Social Services involved in your claim especially with the high workload they have to cope with (social care, children at risk etc etc).

For the majority any help from SS will only be offered if you are already an active client. Simply asking for their help invariably and normally only results in a NO.

Whilst I was an active client of Social Services from 1995 until 2003 when I decided to dip under the radar of the mental health services and lead my own life without anybody monitoring me, they did take me back for a year or so in 2008 due to 'falling off the cliff edge' again. I asked them for help with my DLA re-application in 2011 and for the move over to PIP in 2013 but they refused citing that my case file was now closed.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.