My daughter's mood swings and behaviour — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My daughter's mood swings and behaviour

claire868
claire868 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have a 17 year old daughter with learning difficulties and i am finding it very difficult at the moment with mood swings and behaviour. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @claire868, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us. You may like to connect with @Tomato58, who also has a 17 year old and has recently posted about behavioural issues!
  • claire868
    claire868 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks pippa. There doesnt seen to be any help out there for my daughter. I feel as tho im banging my head against a brick wall.
  • Suzanne_HFAut54
    Suzanne_HFAut54 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Hi check to see if your local authority is introducing Positive Behaviour Support analysis and support packages in your area. Your whole family and wider network get included in how it is implemented so it works holistically and no stone is left unturned to get assistance for you, your child and everyone involved regularly in their care. 
    Here is a link with some videos to watch on the British institute of Learning Disabilities website. It's a bit tedious having to follow the links to extract all the information but worth the time spent. If you have a social worker or carers network you're a part of, share it with them too.

www.bild.org.uk
    Follow the heading link PBS then look at videos etc

Hope that helps
    Suzanne
    PS Parents / Carers of Autistic children can use this service too if CBT isn't helping.
  • Tomato58
    Tomato58 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi clare868, I'm with you on this one. My daughter has Down's Syndrome and is doing really well apart from these meltdowns, usually in public. So hard to handle. People have said I'm too soft with her, people have said it's hormones, but no actual help on how to handle this. Really upsetting when it happens, her anger goes through the roof. I will look at the reply you received....

Brightness