Do you get a text? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you get a text?

Options
jules13
jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
hey guys! Just wondering if the DWP text you through the stages of the PIP? They text me when they sent the booklet off etc and when they received it back just wondering if they message once they have received the report? I want a copy of that ASAP you see before I actually get the decision so I can prepare my appeal if needed. But I don’t want to keep hassling them . 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes they do so i heard but they didn't text me when the report was received.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Once you have requested a copy of the report you should receive it within 14 days, if not phone again mine took three phone calls before it was sent I think the staff where still in the Christmas mood.
  • jules13
    Options
    wilko said:
    Once you have requested a copy of the report you should receive it within 14 days, if not phone again mine took three phone calls before it was sent I think the staff where still in the Christmas mood.
    I called last week and my report hadn’t been sent in, I explained I wanted a copy so would I need to call again or would they send it out once it’s been received because I have already called about it?  
    Sorry sounding a bit thick xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I would ring again because even if they put on the computer that you want a copy sent, they don't always send it. Once both copies have been returned they'll send it. If you live in Northern Ireland, i've heard they won't send it until a decision is made. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jules13
    Options
    I would ring again because even if they put on the computer that you want a copy sent, they don't always send it. Once both copies have been returned they'll send it. If you live in Northern Ireland, i've heard they won't send it until a decision is made. Good luck.
    Both copies? I don’t know if I want to read it lol I’m really worrying about it. Hoping if I get a copy then it will also put my mind at ease. Do they go just off the f2f assessment or is there more things now they contact you to get? Sorry it’s my first time applying for it xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I had a text at the beginning of July to say they’d got my form but not heard a thing since? Was told by the charity that helped me with forms that I’d know within 6 weeks if I would have to have a f2f well that’s almost here, does anyone have a rough idea on timescales? I’m too scared to ring them. It makes me feel physically sick :( xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    jules13 said:
    Both copies? I don’t know if I want to read it lol I’m really worrying about it. Hoping if I get a copy then it will also put my mind at ease. Do they go just off the f2f assessment or is there more things now they contact you to get? Sorry it’s my first time applying for it xx
    Yes there's 2 copies of the report, a digital and paper copy and DWP need to receive both before they will send you a copy. It's takes a few days longer to receive the paper copy. A decision is based on the evidence you send and your face 2 face assessment. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. Sometimes a case manager/decision maker has been know to ring a claimant before making a decision but this is rare for PIP and doesn't happen very often.
  • jules13
    Options
    niknoo said:
    I had a text at the beginning of July to say they’d got my form but not heard a thing since? Was told by the charity that helped me with forms that I’d know within 6 weeks if I would have to have a f2f well that’s almost here, does anyone have a rough idea on timescales? I’m too scared to ring them. It makes me feel physically sick :( xx
    I would call, although I had a message that they received the form I had filled in but didn’t get a letter for a while later. I sent forms back 18th May and I had my f2f the end of July. Call them and just ask for a time scale xx
  • jules13
    Options
    jules13 said:
    Yes there's 2 copies of the report, a digital and paper copy and DWP need to receive both before they will send you a copy. It's takes a few days longer to receive the paper copy. A decision is based on the evidence you send and your face 2 face assessment. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. Sometimes a case manager/decision maker has been know to ring a claimant before making a decision but this is rare for PIP and doesn't happen very often.
    Oooh right, I called today to request copy again and they still haven’t received it and said this could take up to 4 weeks, yet on the automated voice thing it says a 4 week turn around lol. So I added loads of evidence and asked for contact details for a few consultants etc and they might not even contact them! That’s annoying lol 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That time scale of 4 weeks is a guide and means nothing. Timescales depend on backlogs in all areas, some may have a decision in 2 weeks, while others wait as long as 8 weeks.

Sometimes the assessment reports are chosen at random and sent for audit. It's nothing to worry about but can delay the process even further, depending on how long it's in audit for. There's no timescales to these audits and they can take as long as they want. You can ring the assessment providers and ask if the report has been returned, if it has they'll tell, if it hasn't and it's in audit they'll tell this too. What they can't tell you is how long it will be in audit for.

Did you send evidence to support your claim? Sorry your comment isn't clear on this. No they very rarely ask anyone for evidence, the onus is always on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    jules13 said:
    niknoo said:
    I would call, although I had a message that they received the form I had filled in but didn’t get a letter for a while later. I sent forms back 18th May and I had my f2f the end of July. Call them and just ask for a time scale xx
    I’m literally too scared to ring them, I have such bad anxiety about all of this! I’m getting my regular DLA payments so maybe they’re just going slow. I’ll give it a couple more weeks anf if I haven’t heard anything by then I will get the lady from the charity to ring them for me, as I’ve given written constant for her to contact them
    etc. Thanks for advice. Xxx
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I received a text after I first contacted them, a second when they sent me the forms and a third when they received my application. It will be 7 weeks tomorrow since I received that third text and I am starting to worry if something has gone wrong.

I sent no additional or supporting medical evidence as I don't have any. The decisions and reports are all dated years ago and often the answer i get from places like A&E is "Oh, it's just part of your neural issues" which they seem to know by magic as they never investigate any new pain just blame it on ongoing problems to avoid having to actually do anything. Consequently I get no new reports. All contact with GP's would require them writing a letter to prove it and, as I was only given 4 weeks to send in my application, the lead time on getting anything written by my surgery is a minimum of 6-8 weeks.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • jules13
    Options
    That time scale of 4 weeks is a guide and means nothing. Timescales depend on backlogs in all areas, some may have a decision in 2 weeks, while others wait as long as 8 weeks.

Sometimes the assessment reports are chosen at random and sent for audit. It's nothing to worry about but can delay the process even further, depending on how long it's in audit for. There's no timescales to these audits and they can take as long as they want. You can ring the assessment providers and ask if the report has been returned, if it has they'll tell, if it hasn't and it's in audit they'll tell this too. What they can't tell you is how long it will be in audit for.

Did you send evidence to support your claim? Sorry your comment isn't clear on this. No they very rarely ask anyone for evidence, the onus is always on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.
    Yeah I sent in all doctors reports, letters and appointment and evidence on hospital stays etc since it started at the age of 13. I’m now 33. But since feb this year it’s gotten worse and I’m now housebound xx 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Topkitten said:
    I received a text after I first contacted them, a second when they sent me the forms and a third when they received my application. It will be 7 weeks tomorrow since I received that third text and I am starting to worry if something has gone wrong.

I sent no additional or supporting medical evidence as I don't have any. The decisions and reports are all dated years ago and often the answer i get from places like A&E is "Oh, it's just part of your neural issues" which they seem to know by magic as they never investigate any new pain just blame it on ongoing problems to avoid having to actually do anything. Consequently I get no new reports. All contact with GP's would require them writing a letter to prove it and, as I was only given 4 weeks to send in my application, the lead time on getting anything written by my surgery is a minimum of 6-8 weeks.

TK
    That’s the same as me, so I wouldn’t worry too much, looks like they’re just taking their time as we are both in the same position. Keep us updated Hun xxx
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    @jules13, I know what you mean. The problem with a protracted and progressive condition is that unless you go back years to dig it all out it is hard to find relevant supporting information. I had exactly the same problem and, although my condition has lasted only 13 years, I am not able to start digging out such old stuff without suffering greatly and have had to rely on simply filling the form in.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • jules13
    Options
    Topkitten said:
    @jules13, I know what you mean. The problem with a protracted and progressive condition is that unless you go back years to dig it all out it is hard to find relevant supporting information. I had exactly the same problem and, although my condition has lasted only 13 years, I am not able to start digging out such old stuff without suffering greatly and have had to rely on simply filling the form in.

TK
    I was quite lucky that my doctors printed out all my old records for me. I had to pay for each piece of paper but it was everything I needed. And my doctor has been with me the whole time and he was our family doctor so he was very supportive. I hope you hear off them soon x
  • Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I received texts for sending and receiving the form. I sent in the completed form on 9th July received my assessment date last week which is on 14th of this month. I don't know if they sent for me quicker as my PIP is only awarded until 30th August but don't suppose that it will bother them that my payments will cease until I get a decision. Absolutely dreading the assessment as having been previously I know what they are capable of. Incidentally I sent loads of letters from consultants, doctors,nurse,  mental health advocate clinic and psychotherapist. At my assessment I scored nil for both. At my Appeal I got 6 for care and 12 for Mobility. Goes to show!
  • jules13
    Options
    Rosie2017 said:
    I received texts for sending and receiving the form. I sent in the completed form on 9th July received my assessment date last week which is on 14th of this month. I don't know if they sent for me quicker as my PIP is only awarded until 30th August but don't suppose that it will bother them that my payments will cease until I get a decision. Absolutely dreading the assessment as having been previously I know what they are capable of. Incidentally I sent loads of letters from consultants, doctors,nurse,  mental health advocate clinic and psychotherapist. At my assessment I scored nil for both. At my Appeal I got 6 for care and 12 for Mobility. Goes to show!
    How can they score you nil but they score you that in your appeal! It’s a very stressful time! The wait really doesn’t help. My assessor was nice but,... that could of just been a front! And how can they full understand how the day effects you with a 45min interview. Good luck 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    jules13 said:

How can they score you nil but they score you that in your appeal! It’s a very stressful time! The wait really doesn’t help. My assessor was nice but,... that could of just been a front! And how can they full understand how the day effects you with a 45min interview. Good luck 
    It's quite the norm. I had my first assessment for PIP in 2013 which gave me 0 points yet some time later it went up to Enhanced Care & Mobility. Then 2 years later after another assessment it went back to 0 points. Once again a few weeks later it went to Enhanced Care & Mobility. Then a further 2 years later a third assessment saw me back on 0 points.

At that point I gave up with the whole darn thing.
  • Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    Options
    Just to answer the original question. - I got a text 4 days after f2f saying they’d received my report. 2 weeks later they wrote saying they had eveRything they need.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.