Do you get a text? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you get a text?

2»

Comments

• jules13
    jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Pin said:
    Just to answer the original question. - I got a text 4 days after f2f saying they’d received my report. 2 weeks later they wrote saying they had eveRything they need.
    Ooh brill thanks, I called yesterday and they still hasn’t received my report x hopefully I will hear something soon x
  • Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    Fingers crossed, I’m a bit baffled as they said 4 weeks at the f2f, but possibly more because im quite complex, then the text said 4 weeks from the text then the letter said 2 weeks from it.

so the time scales seem to be meaningless.
  • jules13
    jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Pin said:
    Fingers crossed, I’m a bit baffled as they said 4 weeks at the f2f, but possibly more because im quite complex, then the text said 4 weeks from the text then the letter said 2 weeks from it.

so the time scales seem to be meaningless.
    At my f2f I was told 6-8 weeks! But over the automated message it says 4weeks so god knows. Hopefully it’s soon, it’s really making me worry x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales for any decision. The assessment providers won't know what the backlogs are in your area, so i have no idea why they say with a certain number of weeks. Some wait 2 weeks, while others wait as many as 8 weeks. They text when they have everything they need, providing you put a mobile number down on the form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pin
    Sorry the letter said 4 weeks from it but it was 2 weeks after I’d last been told 4 weeks!
  • poppy123456
    I know the wait is stressful but there's nothing you can do until a decisions been made. It's holiday time too which all adds to the backlog.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Pin
    I know. It’s just the inconsistencies are quite frustrating when you’re in the middle of it.
  • poppy123456
    Inconsistencies? You mean the timescales form 1 person saying one thing and another saying something different? Well the backlogs will cause decisions to take longer and sometimes the report isn't sent back straight away, all of this can delay the decision making process. There's nothing you can do but wait unfortunately.
  • Pin
    No I mean getting a text saying 4 weeks from now then a text 2 weeks later saying 4 weeks from then. It would be easier to be told 4-8 weeks or to not keep being told 4 weeks at different times.

im allowed to be frustrated!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.