PIP forms filled in sent back 17/7. DWP says not received. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP forms filled in sent back 17/7. DWP says not received.

Mumof2ds
Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
Hi Everyone. 

New to all this, I have  Menieres Disease, possible Lupus, and other Auto Immune, ongoing hearing losses, bilateral hearing aids and anxiety and depression, and balance issues, applied for PIP and received forms 16/7/18 and posted off 17/7 securely tracked and signed for there on 18/7/18. I assumed being processed all this time, now 2/8/18. 

Wrong! Today I received a letter saying they haventh received anything? And I have until the 6/8/18,  So I rang, explained and they have received it,  tracked it did arrive 18/7/18.

Now an investigation has been opened by DWP. Could take a further 4 weeks,  I also explained I took photographs before sending forms back, with photocopied supporting documents. I could not  afford to photocopy whole form as reams of it and Rymans isn't that cheap! But did take photos on phone of everything sent and forms completed, prior to posting. 

Today I received a letter saying not received anything, so I rang, explained, they  tracked my Post Office reference, and  investigated and now realised I have sent it and it was signed their end, on 18/7/18, but they cannot find it!

SO an investigation started, in the meantime  a new form pack, being sent today, and given a date extension incase it is not found!

Apparently new forms should arrive within two weeks! What a waste of time, energy and stress! Glad I sent it tracked! She said had I of just sent it in their prepaid envelope, there probably wouldn't of been a problem, I mentioned I didnt want it getting lost on route

Oh how ironic! Will keep you posted. Excuse ramble. 

Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
 Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
 Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Ahh I am sorry to hear this @Mumof2ds! This sounds very stressful. It was a good shout to take pictures of the forms, just so annoying it got lost. I hope you are able to get it sorted soon and that the rest of your claim is as straightforward as possible! I have my fingers crossed for you :)
    Scope

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, always send correspondence to DWP so they can't deny having received it as often they lose papers sent to them.
  • Mumof2ds
    Thanks Chloe and Matilda. XX 

• Matilda
    I meant to say 'send correspondence recorded delivery'!
  • debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Heard this so many times about forms getting 'Lost' after they arrive at the processing center and not necessarily en-route!!  Every time I send a form, I spend many minutes on the phone over days and weeks, checking that they have received it.  Never take for granted that your forms arrive and are safe, always ring to check and keep checking.  Never let a day go by without checking that they have been received and are being processed.  When you get confirmation that your forms have been received then you can relax a little bit until the next hurdle. 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I did my application with the assistance of someone from DWP and I received a text saying they had received it. In total I received 3 texts from them. the first was on 11/7 saying I had applied and a second one the same date saying the forms were sent. The final one above I received on 21/7 so I guess it will likely be a few more weeks of worry before I hear from them.

I'm sorry you have had problems but cannot think of anything in particular to help. I do, however, hope that your situation gets resolved and goes well.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Mumof2ds
    Thanks everyone. I have now had a text this morning saying they have sent another application for pack out, and to get it back to them before date stated. Should arrive within 10 days. Hmmmm how shall I send it next time if signed for screen shots evidence their end wasn't enough to keep it safe! 
    They did apologise! And are looking into it. 

I asked for a hard copy by reply, getting the DWP to state it had arrived well before cut off date and had been signed for, but they said they cannot  do that, but calls are recorded so is used as evidence and clarification my documents arrived there...,? I have the screen shot of initials signed for, not a proper signature mind you. X 

I did say it cost me £2.50 to send envelope securely, plus photo copy costs at Rymans, and the stress and hours of form filling to only have to repeat the whole procedure! I will ring them later see if they found my original forms! 

• Matilda
    I think it's still possible to buy very cheap, basic printers/photocopiers.  Might work out more economical than photocopying at Rymans, etc.  You could look on Argos or Amazon.
  • Mumof2ds
    We have a printer, but cannot get  ink for it, even generic copy one or originals. My husband copies things at work normally for sons school work etc, but I felt the Pip documents would be a step too far as so many pages for my husband to discreetly run off at work! Lol 

ImI going to ring them in a minute, to see if they found the original, and will definately do so before I fill in the new forms when they arrive! 

P X 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Taking the new forms to your local JCP maybe a good idea, for them to send them for you. Make sure they give you a receipt for this. Some JCP's may ask that you make an appointment rather than just turning up. Explain to them the problems you had when returning the first forms. Just trying to think of ideas for you to make sure that these ones are received. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mumof2ds
    Hi. What's JCP? 

P x
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    JessAnn said:
    I applied for PIP back in 2016 after getting a letter from DLA. PIP lost my forms...... twice. So I gave up. 
    I don't blame you.
  • Mumof2ds
    I can't believe how many applications are lost via DWP!! ??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Mumof2ds said:
    Hi. What's JCP? 

P x
    Job centre plus.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mumof2ds
    Ah right thank you. X I've never been entitled to benefits as my husband works too many hours and gets paid well. Always been penalised for that one, even though hole bringing up our children. 

Had we both been working, and splitting my husband's wage between us, with two jobs rather than me staying home and bringing our sons up, it would of been a very different story, and life would of been different back then, but life changes and we were dealtda different hand...then  I got poorly. X 
  • Mumof2ds
    Update -

Rang DWP couple of times as advised,  to see if they had found my original forms, they said they had sent another set out. Then I got this text yesterday, ten mins before the new set arrived in post!

: Thanks for sending us your 'How your disability affects you' form. We may need you to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make our decision. We'll contact you again if we do. Please call us if any of the details you gave us have changed.

So guessing they eventually found the original forms. So now we wait.... XX 

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    @Mumof2ds, make sure you contact them to confirm they have them and that you do not need to send forms in again. It would not surprise me if someone only aware of the new forms closed the claim because they didn't know the old ones had been found.

Just a suggestion.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Mumof2ds
    Ok. Yes good thinking, will do that Monday. X They did say because they were sending me a new pack, it would reset the timescale. Hmmm yes I will ring them Monday. 

They initially said they hadnth received anything, but then I explained it had been signed their end, the name, date and time, hence why they opened an investigation.

Will update Monday. Thank you TK. 
    Px
  • Mumof2ds
    Hi Everyone. 

Just rang DWP again updating them, they went through everything, and theytsaid my first application had indeed been found and uploaded into the  their system on 10/8/18, I said I wanted it noted please  I had sent it back in plenty of time,  signed for their end on 19/7/18  ( the deadline, of 6/8/18)  the transferred me to the processing department who checked to see if the 1st application was still live and valid, which it was and I should receive a letter within 4 weeks for a one to one meeting and assessment, and she had updated the file, and do not fill in the second one. - so at least some reassurance itsi actually being processed and I do not have to go through the whole application process again. X Phew! 
    P x
  • Matilda

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.