Strange phone call from case manager — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Strange phone call from case manager

littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
Hi ive been waiting for 6 months on a review id asked for .assessment points were good .however on a review in 2016 they put my points down lower .I dident appeal as evidence was poor and tbhx dident have the fight in me .Had call from descision maker who kept quizzing me why dident I appeal last time .and am I worse now than in 2016 .I started panicking and said I was bad then too .I feel like she was trying too catch me out and is going too take my points down again now .said she doing it tomorrow but dident say the result. Feeling ive shot myself in the foot .will the timescale go against me .Feel so confused 

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Had call from descision maker who kept quizzing me why dident I appeal last time .and am I worse now than in 2016 .I started panicking and said I was bad then too .I feel like she was trying too catch me out 
    For the life of me I do not understand what you did or didn't do in 2016 has any relevance to your current situation. Appealing or even asking for a MR is a personal choice and should play no part in deciding what points you should be awarded now.

• littleruthie123
    Yes I agree I really don't understand. Kept going on about my last review 
  • littleruthie123
    When I got my assets report it showed all my evidence and some included all evidence from my last review .I really feel like this is whats happened and there made a bit of a mess of it all .all will be revealed I suppose tommorow .I feel so worried now .thought for once something would be fair 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 90 Listener
    edited August 2018
    sounds to me you may
    be one of the cas,s they are looking at that was not awarded correctly as posted by dwp 

• littleruthie123
    Oooo havent thought about that. Do u mean as I should of been awarded more last time?.She kept going on about the timescale from last review .Surely whatever happened then shouldn't effect the claim now I hope .I would of been revised in few months anyway  .don't see why it matters if I asked for the review 
  • [Deleted User]
    Oooo havent thought about that. Do u mean as I should of been awarded more last time?.She kept going on about the timescale from last review .Surely whatever happened then shouldn't effect the claim now I hope .I would of been revised in few months anyway  .don't see why it matters if I asked for the review 
    if you are found to be one afected then you will benifit not only with cash but i would think a fast track new award

• [Deleted User]
    when my claim was knocked back i did mr and was given lower both out of the blue i had a call some four months after they had relooked at claim and had increased both to higher they kept on about time span then for cash owed but hy lets hope you are being checked as per dwp checking from 2016 claims

• littleruthie123
    The k you I got no points for my mental health this time or last time .even though I sent some evidence .I hope your right guys .I did day why are you asking me?.She just said we have too follow the rulrs whatever that means .
  • littleruthie123
    Glad you got it I  the end @sweet.did they tell you at the phone call itself please..I don't no why they wouldent just say .written everything down they said still makes no sense lol 
  • littleruthie123
    Rang them back as told it's normal for them too ask how long you've been feeling worse for?.Strange. Surely if you've asked for a review it shoukd be obvious why .confused.com
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    I was asked that exact question during my PIP review by a decision maker that rang me. I claim for physical disabilities and the question was related to the moving around part. Good luck with yours!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • littleruthie123
    Thanks poppy did it go in your favour?
  • littleruthie123
    And do you think it could be anything negative?.my report face me enough for enhanced on all my physical problems .They ignored my mental health again .sorry I'm just so anxious and worried x
  • [Deleted User]
    Glad you got it I  the end @sweet.did they tell you at the phone call itself please..I don't no why they wouldent just say .written everything down they said still makes no sense lol 
    all i had was we are rechecking claim and increaseing it following review of claim so i assume they made a mistake realised it on looking and put it right

• poppy123456
    Yes it did, i went from standard to Enhanced mobility. I know it's a very anxious time waiting. I really hope for you that it's good news. Fingers crossed for you x
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    And do you think it could be anything negative?.my report face me enough for enhanced on all my physical problems .They ignored my mental health again .sorry I'm just so anxious and worried x
    it is the mental health bit they now have to look at they ignored it on acessments now have to put it right so if you gave evidence and they ignored it it now is being looked at i presume

• poppy123456
    I agree with you @sweet that's most likely what they're looking at.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2018
    yes i think so they ignored it for a journey and gave lower awards i think even to the poppy123456 said:
    point of stateing we could catch a bus or plan a journey even if house bound ?i did hear of a case were a taxi driver who knew his area was used as a reason to fail god it did not mean you planned a journey he did you just sat there

• littleruthie123
    Just rang them again was being consumed by my own anxiety !.I've got enhanced on both from feb this year .so I'm very happy with that .so still bit confused on call .gosh the relief .Thank you too those who helped me bless you x
  • poppy123456
    Just rang them again was being consumed by my own anxiety !.I've got enhanced on both from feb this year .so I'm very happy with that .so still bit confused on call .gosh the relief .Thank you too those who helped me bless you x
    Absolutely fantastic! great news! relax now it's all done with, for now at least. x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.