Free, easy and quick online benefits and grants calculator — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free, easy and quick online benefits and grants calculator

Debbie_Alumni
Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
Our helpline’s had a huge rise in calls about disability welfare benefits and finances in the last couple of years.

So we’re really pleased to have a new benefits calculator on our website, so you can easily do a quick, comprehensible and private search to see what benefits and grants you are entitled to:

http://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/calculate-benefits
http://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/search-grants

If you need any support or have any questions you can also ask me on here. I’d love to know how you get on!

Comments

• richardblinman
    richardblinman Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Hi hope you can help me with my esa / uc claim I wos on esa and had to go to a asesment which I scored 0 points so a mandatory re consideration wos asked for which was turns down so the design maker theat looks at my mrc phoned me up and asks me to go sin on uc. So I Sind on to uc on the 23 ov November 2017 and mad a apill agenst the dwp desishon for my esa lcw . On the 15 August 18 I went to my Cort hearing which iv now got and bin put in to the high group but I’m on uc still. Ad the same day my Cort papers drops froo the door for my uc Cort hearing so hav I still got to go to Cort agen for my uc? It sead on my esa I don’t have to be asest for 2 yers so do I hav to go to the Cort again? ⚖️?
  • CHAT_chat2us
    CHAT_chat2us Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Are you sure your ESA is on your uc benefit? My understanding is if you had ESA before uc benefit started they should be kept separate. I would take both forms to job centre plus and ask them to confirm
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you sure your ESA is on your uc benefit? My understanding is if you had ESA before uc benefit started they should be kept separate. I would take both forms to job centre plus and ask them to confirm
    That's not correct in this situation. The other person was found fit for work for ESA, when they claimed it. As UC was in their area they had to claim it. This means that they're now claiming UC and not ESA, so it's different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi hope you can help me with my esa / uc claim I wos on esa and had to go to a asesment which I scored 0 points so a mandatory re consideration wos asked for which was turns down so the design maker theat looks at my mrc phoned me up and asks me to go sin on uc. So I Sind on to uc on the 23 ov November 2017 and mad a apill agenst the dwp desishon for my esa lcw . On the 15 August 18 I went to my Cort hearing which iv now got and bin put in to the high group but I’m on uc still. Ad the same day my Cort papers drops froo the door for my uc Cort hearing so hav I still got to go to Cort agen for my uc? It sead on my esa I don’t have to be asest for 2 yers so do I hav to go to the Cort again? ⚖️?
    Hi,
    I'm assuming that you had an assessment for UC while you were waiting for the ESA Tribunal because now you have another date for Tribunal for the UC yes?

When going to Tribunal for your ESA assessment, the DWP should honour that decision and place you in the equivalent group for UC BUT because you had a UC work capability assessment after the ESA assessment then any decision made from that will overrule the Tribunal decision for the ESA. This means that, you'll be backpaid the money owed, if any from ESA but you'll still have to attend the Tribunal for the UC decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.