Please help I’m confused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please help I’m confused

jamiemo
jamiemo Community member Posts: 9 Listener
hi there, 
ive been awarded LCWRA I’m not sure what this is. I’ve tried to read up on it but I’m just wondering if it’s the same as PIP? Is it enhanced pip? Sorry if this question sounds stupid. 

thank you in advance 

Janine

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited August 2018
    Hiya, it for ESA, and stands for (limited compatibility work related activity) That means you've been placed in the Support group. Nothing to do with PIP as it's a completely different benefit and pays different amounts.

Hope this answers your question.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• jamiemo
    jamiemo Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Ok. And yes I have I’m awaiting my psychiatrist 1-1 and will be in this group until they have a place for me. The support group is the only time I get out the house because I’m that anxious of leaving the house ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    jamiemo said:
    Ok. And yes I have I’m awaiting my psychiatrist 1-1 and will be in this group until they have a place for me. The support group is the only time I get out the house because I’m that anxious of leaving the house ?
    The Support Group is a group you've been placed into for your ESA claim and it's not to do with your psychiatrist appointments. When placed into the Support Group for ESA it means you no longer have to send in anymore sick/fit notes and you'll receive extra money for being in the group. Hope this helps. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.