Medical report after pp assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical report after pp assesment

liz999991
liz999991 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
Hi all ...rang today after having my FTC asesment ten days ago for me report if that was possible and was told by lady no it's with the DM and could take 6 weeks he will be looking at the evidence you submitted at FTC , I was led to believe you could ask for the FTf report after a week she just says with bat log could be at least 6 weeks wait for a decision but I have read on here ppl getting the report after a week 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to our cumunity, depending on each indeviduals case some have more complicated issues than others and the decision maker may need more time to study the report and medical Infomation given plus there may well be a back log of cases to review in your area. Be patient and ring again in a weeks time for an update doing this weekly will let them know you are on their case so to speak and I wish you all the best, please keep posting and comment on posts if you feel able.
  • liz999991
    Thank you will try next week 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Do you mean you rang DWP and asked for a copy of the assessment report and were told you couldn't have it? If so, try ringing back again tomorrow and speak to someone different, this time you may just speak to someone that will agree to send it out. If you live in the UK they can and will send the report out before a decision is made. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • liz999991
    Yes I asked for 
  • liz999991
    Hi yes I asked for a copy of the assesment with the points score on for my FTf pip assesment she was adamant no untill A decision has been made 
  • liz999991
    Yes I said copy of the report with points score on she was adamant it takes 6 weeks at moment and cannot post report out 
  • poppy123456
    Some will agree while others will refuse. As I said ring again tomorrow and ask again. I had copies of both my assessment reports before a decision was made and so did my daughter. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I had mine with the decision letter. Didn't see the point in worrying if the DWP would agree with it or not. Out of sight out of mind so to speak.

It didn't cause an issue as I asked for a MR when I got the decision which was returned to the DWP within a few days.
  • vic36
    vic36 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    edited August 2018
    Hi there. I had my f2f on saturday 4th of august. I then received a txt on the tuesday (7th) to say they had received the medical report and they would be intouch. I rung pip on the wednesday to ask for my report and they sent it out no problem.
    When i received my report it had nothing about what points had been awarded.
    All it did say was in each section they had put if what i had put in my "" how my disability effects me "" talied in with what he seen.
    Maybe that's where the confusion has taken place when you have rung pip up as the point scored will only be on the decision letter not med report.
    Hope this helps & good luck x.
  • lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    Hi I got my paper work from deep pip for my appeal that ask me to send them paper work back but don5 understand what I need to do now can u tell pls thank u
  • poppy123456
    vic36 said:
    Hi there. I had my f2f on saturday 4th of august. I then received a txt on the tuesday (7th) to say they had received the medical report and they would be intouch. I rung pip on the wednesday to ask for my report and they sent it out no problem.
    When i received my report it had nothing about what points had been awarded.
    All it did say was in each section they had put if what i had put in my "" how my disability effects me "" talied in with what he seen.
    Maybe that's where the confusion has taken place when you have rung pip up as the point scored will only be on the decision letter not med report.
    Hope this helps & good luck x.
    The points scoring will be at the back of the report, it will be boxes with either dots or ticks. They don't add the points up, you have to do that yourself by comparing them with the PIP descriptors but they will definitely be somewhere in that report. 
  • vic36
    Are you sure? Ive gone right through my f2f report and there is nothing reguarding anything to do with points. I waa told i wouldnt know how many points i have scored untill a decision maker had lookes at my claim and the points would be on the decision letter which im still awaiting .
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    vic36 said:
    Are you sure? Ive gone right through my f2f report and there is nothing reguarding anything to do with points. I waa told i wouldnt know how many points i have scored untill a decision maker had lookes at my claim and the points would be on the decision letter which im still awaiting .
    I'm just wondering if the DWP/assessors have amended their reports to exclude this additional information.
    It may well be there but on a different document that is not being sent out for obvious reasons.
  • vic36
    Thats what im thinking too yadnad.
    As if the points was on the f2f report people would be aware or the decision before any decision maker has looked ar the claim ( as most people are aware of the points needed for each level of pip).
    Hopefully i will be put out of my misery soon and receive my decision letter .
  • poppy123456
    vic36 said:
    Yes one million percent sure. I have 3 assessment reports here, 2 for myself and 1 for my daughter and the points scoring is at the back of each assessment report. The aren't added up but the recommendations are definitely on each report. 

The HCP recommends what they think in that report and that includes ticking the boxes for each of the descriptors. As I previously said you need to look at the boxes with either dots or ticks and use the PIP descriptors to compare and see what points, if any were recommended. The decision maker usually goes with the report and usually awards the points that's been recommended. It's rare for them to go against it. 
  • vic36
    Ive just again gone through my PA4 consultation report and there is definitly no scores. There is dots but only in each section to show which answer applies.
    Can i ask did you get your f2f consultation report with your decision letter or did you receive the PA4 consultation report before hand?
  • ChrisG
    ChrisG Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Each of the descriptors with a dot is what the HP has recommended you should score on.  You need to look up the points for each of the descriptors they have advised and add them up to see if qualify.  https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2018
    vic36 said:
    Ive just again gone through my PA4 consultation report and there is definitly no scores. There is dots but only in each section to show which answer applies.
    Can i ask did you get your f2f consultation report with your decision letter or did you receive the PA4 consultation report before hand?
    That's exactly what you need to be looking at. Compare that with the PIP descriptors in the link provided above and add all the points together then this will tell you how many points were recommended by the HCP. 

I received all of my PIP PA4 assessment reports before I received all the decision letters. The points recommended in the PA4 assessment report were awarded by the decision maker because they mostly go with the report. 
  • poppy123456
    Like I said a few times the HCP doesn't add the points up to give a total score in the report, this is what you need to do. 
  • vic36
    Ive never claimed before so im new to the system. I wasnt aware that the dots indicated a score. Silly me.
    On looking at the link above and looking at the PA4 form i have 8 points for daily living & 10 points for mobility part.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.