tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tribunal

Georgeg93
Georgeg93 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Had my tribunal yesterday got asked to sit in waiting room while my Rep went in first and spoke to them he came back after 5 mins saying in won my case i was shocked that they didnt need me in there was thankfull because i wasnt looking faward to it saved me getting to anxious about being there the judge looked at my evidence aswell as the dictor they said that i shouldn't have been here in the first place i had a lot of medical backing me up and they wernt happy with the dwp the tribunal reinstated my pip back to what it was before and said i dont have to go back for 3 years so really happy 

if any one has got passed the srage im at now what happens next am i supposed to contact the dwp or something any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, well done. You just have to wait now to hear from DWP. It can take 6-8 weeks for them to pay you your backdated money. They do have 28 days to ask for the statement of reasons, if they wish to appeal the decision. To be able to do this they must find an error in law. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Awaywithfairies
    Awaywithfairies Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Congratulations, great news and delighted to read the judge was able to reach conclusion without putting you through any more unnecessary trauma.

• Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    So pleased for you. It's great to hear good news. You don't need to contact anyone just wait for the DWP to contact you. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.