Urgent help needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Urgent help needed

Metalliman3871
Metalliman3871 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
my partner has recently left me, and sadly I am in a very difficult situation, since climbing the stairs into my flat is very difficult for me, I have a key safe but, I’m not able to order any food online as they all say the drivers are not insured to enter the property , and I need to get some food in today, as my kitchen is empty , by the way, I live in Uxbridge , anyone have any suggestions ?

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    This might sound daft, but do you know your neighbours?
  • Metalliman3871
    Sadly I don’t have a good relationship with my neighbours no, 
  • debbiedo49
    Can you find an emergency contact number for social services ?if not, try the police they may have contact numbers .
  • Metalliman3871
    I’ve Been chasing social services since Monday, they aren’t helping at all, they say they don’t have a service for receiving deliveries , police are the same, 
  • debbiedo49
    Surely they can get you a home help ?
  • debbiedo49
    Have u had a care needs assessment?
  • Metalliman3871
    No, they won’t asses me, my assigned social worker is off sick, however the issue is getting my food orders into my house today, and there aren’t too many social workers around on weekends 
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Is there maybe a local taxi company you can phone to help you?
  • debbiedo49
    I know what you are saying but I can’t see how you will get strangers to use your keysafe to come in.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Metalliman3871 I have seen your post.  Sorry what has happened.

Please can I advise you to go on line look for shopping for food.. I have disabilities and mental health issues. So I was given the advice by a friend of mine to go on line.

Part of this community actually. Any way I am the sort of gent who is sceptical concerned.

Checked it is all OK had one or two deliveries and have chosen TESCO.  You use a debit card on line all safe and secure. The drivers are fantastic. Besides I am very cautious and have written a post.

Have look under Reasons to be cheerful.  On line a new experience.

Have a look under the terms and conditions all these companies want your business.  All I can add if I can do it so can you.  Will come into the property ask where do you want your food. Very polite and pleasant.

Besides I love it.  Helps me combat the stress.

You have ASDA, Iceland , Morrisons, all deliver. All will do next day.  Unfortunately but if you put in a order in today will come tomorrow .

The only other solution is to go on line and order for now.  A take out . That will do for now I know you need food. You can do that with a debit card.

Understand I have done that.

Another possible solution is go on line make a list of local shops and ring them up with an order. Say you will pay debit card or cash.

May I add you probably do need to look on line for other support services. If Social services do not help. Why look for other sorts. Lots on line .

Look at charities, Salvation Army have you contacted them. You could. You do not have to be religious.  Part of the organisation have welfare branch. How about AGE UK..   Look at there website. You do not have to be old am 53 and they advised me. Will take you on depends on your age usually sixty please ask.

Make a list of who you can call. Understand the hardships and difficulties.

Sorry what you are going through. Is there anything else we as a community can advise.?

I am always here so please come back and ask me anything.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • debbiedo49
    @thespiceman they won’t use the key safe 
  • Metalliman3871
    It’s not that they won’t use the key safe, they aren’t insured to enter the house , 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Metalliman3871 Sorry if am reading this right who says they are not insured to enter the house.

The delivery drivers which companies are that. I am sure that they will.

They am sure if you pass the key through a window or a door surely.  

Cannot understand this, at all.  Having cause for concern. Let me look at my terms and conditions of who I shop with.

What is a key safe?. Why have you got that then?

Ring up  Salvation Army if the Police will not help you. then are you trapped in your house.  Understand this is worrying for me and my friend I am sure is feeling the same .. Am a member of a community.

Want to help as any body would.

Please come back asap.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Metalliman3871
    @thespiceman. If you read my post, I have trouble climbing stairs, a key safe allows my district nurses and other people access to a key , but both Iceland, and Tesco say they can’t enter the property
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Metalliman3871 I understand that. I was not sure what you meant. Just one of those weekends.

Not too sure of what a key safe was. Have read your post.  The problem is I am trying to help you.

I was going to suggest CLICK AND COLLECT.  Which you can still pay on line From TESCO.  What you could have done.  Yet you have problems climbing stairs.

I would have sent a order on line.  Gone in a taxi to collect it. One other solution.  Asked the taxi driver with you to help you.  With your shopping.

The thing is I thought TESCO be happy to help.  Had a look on my terms and conditions will enter the property with advice from the owner. Also will not entry unless you say so.

Add to that will not enter if they do not feel safe.  Nothing about insurance.  Who told you?  Ask ASDA other supermarkets.  

Looks like you have and got a problem I can not solve and I wish to.

I am upset and anxious for you. Seems silly really that all you want is food and no one can help.

All because of a key. Lesson learnt here then.  Do not know what to do. I am one of the Community Champions of the site and me and my friends who have been advising you are offering solutions and this is most annoying.

I am a Christian and yet I can not help or advise you. I suggested Salvation Army can not they help. Give them a ring.

Hope and praying for some answers.

Let me think what else I can do.  Please keep in touch

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Metalliman3871
    @thespiceman seriously chill, this is something I need to work out, the whole thing of not entering if they don’t feel safe is because they have no insurance to cover injury , 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Metalliman3871
    Do you have family or friends nearby who could do your shopping for you today?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    Hello my friend @Metalliman3871 Thanks for reply . Just concerned I am like that as a member of our community you are valued.

Does not say that insurance because of injury.  I am sure of that. Have you asked for a copy of the terms and conditions.  I will double check.  

Even so have given you some possible solutions. I do have a heart and am what I am.

Understand just a gent have care and love helping people no matter who they are.

You sent an urgent help and pleas for help. 

I am not exactly going to ignore this. Am I.

Remember what would you do.  If I sent a plea for urgent help. We as members of this community have all sorts of problems and issues to deal with.

Which you can imagine. I am not going into that but do have to deal with this issues you have.

I do think from the last posts you have sent. Every body I know wants to help you.

One line in your last post chill. I am more anxious for you as you seem to not want our help.  Why?

This reminds me why you need then to have some contingency plans into place. Perhaps you from reading other posts you have sent. Start to be pleasant to your neighbours and other friends.

Time to change my friend .

Being open and honest.  I live on my own and know how to be appreciative of people.

All helps.  All I can say will be a prayer for you tonight.

Will you be able to cope then.

Always here to listen. 

Speak soon

@thespiceman .
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • debbiedo49
    My dad one. Yes they are not insured. You need a better system to get shopping. I’m sure your district nurse could advise you there. There may be a smaller meal delivery service who can use the key safe like Wiltshire farm foods if they are still around I’m not sure. Or they come in during your home visits?
  • Metalliman3871
    @Ami2301so sorry didn’t see your post there , no, all my family are deceased 

Brightness