QUESTIONS FOR DWP TO ANSWER — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

QUESTIONS FOR DWP TO ANSWER

Booker1234
Booker1234 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Michael Lewendon They ask you to fill in their questions, and you have to pick one of their answers What's that all about? Let us ask them Questions? And give them answers to pick from?. please tick box which best suits D.W.P -----QUESTION (1) Government are paying Millions to two companies every year for what end? -----ANSWER (1) So you don't receive the complaints yourselves? passing the buck?------ ANSWER (2) Do the D.W.P who granted DLA to millions of Disabled persons realize the stress and anxiety they are inflicting by NOW allowing these money saving Companies to revoke the disabled person's allowance? Do they ask if the money the disabled receive helps? And what would happen if this money suddenly stopped? ----ANSWER (3) Do the D.W.P feel they can't do their job properly? Will they admit they failed? Will they be reprimanded for their failings? or is this a money saving exercise by them using Companies that revoke DLA payments knowing the old and sick are less likely to appeal?----- ANSWER(4) Why are the Disabled not told of the 65% of appeals are upheld at the P.I.P meeting they had to attend? Why are they not asked if their money gets stopped would they feel suicidal? How many of the 35% that do not appeal are followed up and asked why they did not appeal? Are the DWP happy not to do this?----- ANSWER (5) What PIP Questions about the family of the disabled are asked? Do they asked how it would effect the running of a normal day if their DLA was revoked? Taking away over 50 thousand disabled cars already? Taking away Money they have used to pay carers, Help, Aid, etc.?----- PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS OTHER QUESTIONS THEY WOULD LIKE TO ASK DWP OR PIP PLEASE ADD TO THIS, IN THE HOPE THEY REVERSE THIS PIP MADNESS. -

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Only 1 question 
    When is the DWP going to be held responsible for their actions and how many of its staff are going to sacked.

• Booker1234
    OVER A MILLION old age pensioners are going to have thier PIP stopped in the next 3 weeks. And they are not even aware? PREPARE for the Front page news,Uproar,Petitions,Suicides.How did we allow this to happen?
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Why do our government send millions of aid abroad that they took from us but make it so difficult when disabled people (who have paid tax for years) in the UK need help???

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @Booker1234 what are you going to do?
  • chrisvanf
    chrisvanf Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Here's an interesting fact.
    It costs the UK Gov't £240 million pounds more per year to run PIP than it did to run DLA, and that's Gov't own figures so you can bet the total will be much higher 
    Edited, re-edited, bits added, bits taken out spellchecked then edited again, 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @Booker1234 Whoa, really? Can you link to a news article?
  • painter
    painter Community member Posts: 52 Pioneering
    Have never seen anything about all senior citizens losing their DLA/PIP.  Could you tell me where you learnt about this Booker1234?

• painter
    painter Community member Posts: 52 Pioneering
    Nothing on Carers UK about this.  This is what i have just copied and pasted.
    This was the same with DLA

Can I get PIP if I am over 65?
    Note: You will not be able to make a new claimfor PIP once you are 65 years old. If you are 65 or over and not getting DLA or PIP you can claim Attendance Allowance. However you willbe able to stay on PIP if you claimed or received it before you reached the age of 65.

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited September 2018
    @Booker1234

The list is endless, and this website would not be big enough for the Questions I would like to ask the DWP etc.

But one or two on my mind, is why is Ms McVey still in her job, and Ian Duncan Smith still running around free as a bird with No Conscience of the life's he's ruined?

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• trev2819
    trev2819 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    @Booker1234

i fully intend to start a (national?) campaign in the next few months to address a lot of these issues with PIP, ESA and housing benefit.  Possibly even sue the government for institutional abuse - depending on what the most effective way to bring about long term change for the benefit of EVERYONE is.

Enough is enough. ?
    edited September 2018
    trev2819 said:
    @Booker1234

i fully intend to start a (national?) campaign in the next few months to address a lot of these issues with PIP, ESA and housing benefit.  Possibly even sue the government for institutional abuse - depending on what the most effective way to bring about long term change for the benefit of EVERYONE is.

Enough is enough. ?

@trev2819 I wish you well in your quest, many have failed in these attempts to bring this to an end with petitions etc I believe the only way this Government will listen will be the way of direct action needed and that will involve complex planning.

I admire your spirit and I for one wish you good luck. 
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Let me know if there is any thing I can help with.
  • Booker1234
    edited September 2018
    Hi MIKEHUG,
                         One thing for sure is this you can read how to learn to swim but that dosent mean you CAN? This is not a reply slagging you off, by no means,its great to have debate and opinions. And I will ask and reply to the above.
    please excuse my spelling and any I get wrong. And there be plenty of that,
    I would firstly guess Mikehug you have never applied for PIP? Due to some of your statements. As Follows, maybe not in order.
    1) No point in asking a question of you’ve already decided the answer. ---
    Who does that doctor?
    2) The OP reads like their ought to be more than 1 answer to each question but then there isn’t. One of the Qs is even labelled an A. If DWP were that lax they would rightly be pulled apart. So, if you actually want anything to change, tighten up your text; identify the issue and propose solutions.
    Proprose solutions? Why do we get a PIP form with thier questions? and pick from thier answers? MY Propose to solutions are never taken seriously? Bit like you said you know the anwser, why propose a solution?
    3) same as above.
    4) Money that the Dissabled People are losing, which is causing Distress, They over budget because of your answer in 1)
    5) Private companies do not make PIP decisions. You can’t talk of them revoking anything if they actually don’t. They produce reports which DWP DMs take account of along with all other evidence. Again, no-one will listen if you can’t accurateky describe the process you’re complaining about.
    WRONG--- we were asked, no told to visit one of these Companies. had interview, 3 days later told NO POINTS your request for PIP denied.Your money will be stopped,By this Company.
    6) No Comment
    7) There are several threads on here where people with mental health issues have raised objections to being asked why they haven’t killed themselves by a HCP. I cannot imagine any circumstances where it would somehow be appropriate to ask all claimants how they might feel if they lost their PIP.  There are several threads on here where people with mental health issues have raised objections to being asked why they haven’t killed themselves by a HCP. I cannot imagine any circumstances where it would somehow be appropriate to ask all claimants how they might feel if they lost their PIP. Hideously inappropriate doesn’t even begin to cover that suggestion.
    More Dissabled persons feel Suicidal after losing thier PIP and thier claim to this you say:  Hideously inappropriate doesn’t even begin to cover that suggestion.: I say let people have the right to say how they loseing the PIP affects them, as those who dont like the question.
    8) DWP have done research on who appeals etc. and it has recently been published. So much for the idea they don’t ask the 35%. The 35% is also inaccurate. You can read it all at https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/738926/personal-independence-payment-claimant-research-final-report.pdf.
    Do you work for the GOVERMENT? Don't answer that. ok you done research so tell me THIS. How many million dissabled persons which all have been notified of PIP will LOSE thier Benitfits because  they never replied to PIP letters?
    The sad Answer is, you don;t know? When these persons get thier money stopped in 2 weeks time, is when the xxxx hits the fan as they say. MILLION or MORE will protest like no other, families, doctors, all sorts of people will support thier actions, The new PIP will have to be disbaned not fit for purpose.END OF.
    9) When you claim PIP you are required to prove your entitlement not the DWP. That gives you a clear opportunity to produce statements from your family. Indeed the claim pack offers that explicit opportunity. How it “runs a normal day is irrelevant. The test is one of functional ability.
    Now why so many MILLION never answered letters 9) claim pack? whats that? asked to prove? What about they have been paying me dissabilty allowance for TEN years? family statements how depressing thats going to be? functional ability? my wife says what do'es that mean? A MILLION REASONS WHY THEY NEVER REPLIED TO LETTERS FROM PIP.
    10) TRUE
    11) I’ve no idea where this 1m losing PIP in the next 3 weeks is coming from. I’m going to call it as nonsense and wait for the link to prove me wrong. Again, if you scaremonger and get basic facts wrong no-one will take you seriously. AS IVE SAID, ALL THOSE THAT HAVE NOT REPLIED TO PIP LETTERS WILL AUTOMATICLY LOSE THIER ENTITLEMENT AS LETTERS SENT TO ALL SAY.THATS HOW I KNOW YOU NEVER BEEN ASKED BY PIP. OR YOU WOULD KNOW THIS.
    12) What on earth does institutional abuse have to do with any of this?  SORRY don't understand question.
    All said and done, above is my opinion, my answers my questions, which i hope I haven't offen or alarmed any. thanks all xxx

• Booker1234
    thanks no hard feelings enjoyed are differentses? bad eyes cant hardly see not sure if caps lock on never Knew it meant shouting thought it was there to aid us sorry  ??? 12) your find if you look I never said this it was someone else in my replies. One last thing you can out talk me you come over more knowing and well spoken, but hey 8) how can the numbers known yet? 2 weeks time ends

Interesting?

My answer to (5) Private companies do not make PIP decisions.) We all know the DWP does make the decisions, and send you the decision letter?

But 99.9% of the time, we all know that Atos, Capita, Maximus who write the reports for the DM and the DM will always go with the assessment provider, in a very rare case they will correct what an assessment provider does but that's extremely rare..

⬇️

• trev2819
    @Username_removed. The reason I call it institutional abuse is because the callous way the DWP gives people - particularly those with claims based on mental health- zero points as a means of cutting fraud based on the assumption that “only the genuine people will appeal”.   This then stops people receiving much needed income with no warning and (even if the appeal is successful) they don’t get anything for 9 months to a year, if not longer.  Then a year after getting the back payments, if all the money hasn’t been spent, you are penalised on your ESA claim for having too much in savings. Plus because the award runs from the date it was suspended you then have to start the whole process again only 12 to 18 months from winning your appeal. When (as I am in the midst of experiencing) the new health assessor is not supplied with the tribunal outcome so can end up awarding zero points again, which the decision maker simply rubber stamps, plunging you back into financial difficulties.  Whilst I have had the support of family to help me through the process both emotionally and financially, a lot of people are not that fortunate.  Plus, even with the support I have, it is still extremely stressful, which in turn makes my mental health conditions even harder to deal with.  And I know for a fact there have been people who haven’t had family/friends they can turn to for support who have killed themselves, because they couldn’t see any other way out.
    So when the systems are designed to mentally break the most vulnerable rather than support you, I don’t think it is overly dramatic to call it institutional abuse.
  • trev2819
    @Username_removed

1) PIP is stopped from the day the decision maker inputs their decision on a review, which means there is zero time to re-organise finances accordingly. especially given it takes a week from that decision point for the letter to be printed and delivered.
    2) There is only an allowance of £6000 before benefits are affected and this is the same for both single people and couples. After that you are penalised £1 a week for every £250 over the £6000 threshold.  £6000 may sound like a large allowance until you factor in that includes current accounts which for our household needs at least £1000 buffer to allow for money needing to be paid out before its paid in.  Also I’ve calculated that the back pay can be for up to 62 weeks and factoring in dependant benefits such as Carers Premium and additional housing benefit to cover a larger property rent that is needed for my needs (not just wants) it can easily amount to in the region of £10k.  Therefore if I kept that in reserve to cover the next cycle of review and appeal I would have all my benefits stopped, yet have to re-apply to everything again only a few months later (if that), as it plummeted in the absence of any other income - particularly with the cost of rent and annual bills these days..... further exacerbated by my mental health issues, which give us considerably higher than average bills/cost of living.
  • Charliegirl
    Charliegirl Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    OVER A MILLION old age pensioners are going to have thier PIP stopped in the next 3 weeks. And they are not even aware? PREPARE for the Front page news,Uproar,Petitions,Suicides.How did we allow this to happen?
    Could you please give us the source of this - posting something so disturbing without facts is really cruel and worrying??????
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    I put on the form that i didn't want to know the result of my PIP claim if i am turned down because i will feel suicidal.
    Today the assessor personally phoned my GP about me being suicidal, so i think i am going to be rejected again.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @feir, I hope your ok.

Maybe it’s because the assessor was concerned about your mental health and was looking after you by calling your GP.

Try not to read into that too much, I know it’s hard but please try.

I hope your GP is seeing you soon.

Brightness