Won ESA tribunal - will I get back pay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won ESA tribunal - will I get back pay?

Grumpy13
Grumpy13 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have just won my esa tribunal. I was in the support group from 2016 but last may had a wca & in August was told I got 0 points. I done MR which failed then asked to go to tribunal. I won my tribunal but was pur in the wrag group. My lower rate payment stopped in August as it has been over 365 days. Should I now get back pay to last August & will it be at £102.05 rate as my original claim was opened in 2016?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Grumpy13   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am unsure of answer to your question.  There will be members of our community or team will be in touch.

Have you spoken to CAB for any possible answers.?

They have a wealth of knowledge and expertise.

Hope that helps.

We are a supportive community. Friendly and lots of information and advice.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Grumpy13
    Welcome to the community! Unfortunately I am unable to advise too, sorry. However another member of the community will be along shortly to advise you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • cuddles
    cuddles Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi @Grumpy13 welcome to the community ?
  • Grumpy13
  • Grumpy13
    I did get some conformation from DWP this morning. Should here about back pay & weekly amount in about two weeks. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Did the Tribunal place you into the Support Group? If so then Contribution based ESA is paid to those in the Support Group for as long as they remain in there. If you were awarded Support Group then you'll be paid the difference from WRAG to Support Group backdated to when the original decision was made. The current Support Group Contributions based amount is £110.75 per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Grumpy13
    I was put in the work group. I used to be in the support group. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello Grumpy13

The work related activity component was abolished for new ESA claims from 3 April 2017.  The DWP describe people receiving this component as being in the work related activity group (WRAG).  

If you were getting ESA before 3/4/17 then you should be unaffected by the above and be paid the WRA component, including the backdate.

Maria
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Grumpy13
    Sounds good. Hope I'll find out soon.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.