Psoriatic arthritis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Psoriatic arthritis

jangee55
jangee55 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Hi has anyone else been diagnosed with PsA? I am struggling to cope at the moment especially with the joint pain and stiffness.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jangee55, sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment.

I'm tagging in @Donk1962 who has also discussed psoriatic arthritis on the community. This NHS page may also have some tips for helping you to manage the condition. Really hope things improve soon!

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Had this many years. Pain is dredful.
    The look of my skin is very upsetting.
    a good concealer is helpful 

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Hi, I had my diagnosis 10 years ago and a few years later had another diagnosis to add to the collection, this time fibromyalgia.
    They cause different issues but together it makes me feel like my own body just hates me.
    My psoriatic arthritis has caused my toes to bend in directions they shouldn't, my knees now bend towards each other making me knock kneed, I have knobbly, slightly twisted and bent fingers and then on top of all that the pain a d discomfort is pure evil. I've had so many different medications now that I can't remember all of their names. I don't know why but I've found something will work great for relieving the symptoms and then I find it stops doing a thing.
    Hey ho, put that smile on my face and continue to laugh at the ridiculous circus my life has become, haha.
    Good luck, I hope you find comfort and relief soon, Rapunzel x

Brightness