Roddy Rolstar of Lady Baye. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Roddy Rolstar of Lady Baye.

Roddy123
Roddy123 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
I am Roddy and have suffered with ME/CFS for several years,also depression and anxiety.
My partner David has Vascular Dementia,no mobility and a host of other ailments,and I am his full time carer plus I now have to look after our business commitments ,something I never had to do before.
How I do what I do is a mystery as I am always totally exhausted,its almost like I get a second wind to keep on going.
I used to be very outgoing,but now I have no social life,and indeed on the rare occasions I do go out I am now a blithering wreck and nervous as hell,and it starts off an unpleasant pattern of sweating,and the more I think about it the worse it becomes.
I also find comfort in over eating and that causes the weight to creep on,and I hate it as I was always so thin.
Life is not easy,but there are others who are in the same situation as me,and its tough.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Roddy123 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

We are a supportive community. Friendly, caring and sharing.

Have at look at Specific Conditions lots of information, advice, support from community members like yourself.

Please ask if we can help with anything. Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Roddy123
    Roddy123 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Thank you thespiceman...very kind.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Roddy123
    Welcome to the community! Check out the list of discussions. Such as Parents and Carers, Invisible Impairments, Mental Health Issues and Mobility impairments. Hope this helps and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Roddy123, and a warm welcome to the community! 

Thank you for sharing this with us- it certainly sounds as though you're dealing with a lot. If you haven't spoken to them already, it might be worth getting in touch with Carers UK, to see if there's any practical support or advice they could offer. Do get involved, and please do know if we can be of any assistance.

Brightness