I'm at breaking point with pain and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm at breaking point with pain and PIP

Options
traceygosling
traceygosling Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello 
I’m at my wits end !! Don’t know where to turn. My journey started when at work as a career I hurt my back. I had days before when it just ached but today it just went. 
i rested up for a few days with no improvement then I woke up once morning and had wet myself and had no feeling down my left side and fell out of the bed. 
Basically I ended up in hospital with a catheter and spent a month in hospital where apart from getting a uti and an mri scan where consultants agreed the results weee no alarming finds on mri. But my pain was so bad. I was pumped with so many painkillers and that was my only option and that with a slight laugh it all comes with age. Really I’m only 48 and feel 148. 

Im sorry if this is dragging on but my pain is so bad at the moment. 

I took matters into my own hands. I tried a chiropractor who was amazing at explaining the mri scan I had a copy off. 
The list was endlessly and basically my back is a mess. Don’t want to bother you with the list!!! I had a course of treatment for three months 3x per week. Again I won’t bother you with everything I’ve tried and I have tried. 
Im now at the stage where I feel like I’m at breaking point with this pain   Don’t want to live every day on painkillers I’m unable to work and get no help from applying for pip. Even tho I have stage 3 disk degeneration disease in I think 10 vertebrae bulging and prolapsed disks and fractured vertebrae in my neck along with osteoarthritis. 
I am under the pain clinic where I I have had 2 courses of injections in my back no good. 
my quaility of life is suffering. 
Tje pain is so bad and I don’t want to keep taking this about of tablets.  When the Drs should be dealing with the problem. 
im so hoping there is someone who can help me. I just don’t know what else I can do?? 
Thankyou for being kind reading this as it has been a long message, trust me it could have been longer lol xx
tracey x

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @traceygosling   Pleased to meet you. Welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. You have come to the right place for support and advice. Sorry what has happened.

Please do not apologise for being who you are and what has happened. You are not alone.

I am one of the community champions of the forum. I am here to welcome you and offer what advice and support plus guidance I can give you.Understanding what you have been through.

Please can I suggest speak to our helpline is a start.  A member of the team is on hand to offer any further information you wish to know.

0808 800 3333.

I would also add look at our information, advice comments from members who are similar. Dealing in Chronic Pain.

Plus consider speaking to CAB about benefits and PIP.  They can advise on forms and filling it in.. Have a look at our benefit information as well.

I know this is a difficult time as well for you. I know you feel anxious and stressed. May I add also look on line for any additional support. Charities and welfare.  Something to consider.  Looking at what the NHS can offer and give you in your area.  Other treatments available.

Acupuncture for example.   

Hope that helps.

We are a supportive community . Friendly, care and share.  Please ask if we can help some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Have you recently been refused PIP? When was the decision and have you asked for the Mandatory reconsideration? If not then this is your next step. You should put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why.

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, but how those conditions affect you daily. I'd advise getting some help with the MR and Tribunal process, if it gets this far. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi @traceygosling, and a warm welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your current circumstances, it's clear that you're suffering a lot at the moment. Pain is an awful thing to live with, and I hope the community at the very least provides comfort in knowing you're among others who understand.

You may like to join in our chronic pain discussions, and we have lots of members experienced with benefits: do feel free to ask your questions, and we'll advise where we can.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.