Pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal

jameshitchkin221
jameshitchkin221 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hello just looking for some advice so I won my appeal my letter says the appeal is allowed then below says the secretary of states decision on the 1/1/17 is set aside but the tribunal seem to have made a typo error cause the secretary of states decision was actually on 1/1/18. Will this affect anything just a little typo error the date they owe me money from is correct but just that part where it says the secretary of states decision is a wrong date clearly just a typo error do you think this will get in the way with anything? Thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news! Yes, this may affect how long it will take to backdate the money they owe you. DWP will most likely contact HMCTS to confirm the dates.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jameshitchkin221
    jameshitchkin221 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Hi so you don’t think they will go to upper tribunal casue of that little error 
  • yanni
    yanni Community member Posts: 91 Pioneering

Hi,

The Disability Rights Handbook states: 

"Correcting an accidental error - An accidental error in the decision of an appeal tribunal can be corrected at any time. Arithmetic or clerical errors can be corrected in this way  (eg if it is clear that the tribunal accidentally gave the wrong starting date for an award of the benefit).Write to HM Courts and Tribunal Services. "

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.