How long it takes to procces after call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long it takes to procces after call

Weirdworld
Weirdworld Community member Posts: 40 Listener
Hi everybody :) i wanna ask my key worker call them up esa people on 19 september done disibility premium she said is for extra money now new way they doing it form over the phone and the lady on the phone say i wont get paid 7 days and i should send on line doctors note or sick note so my doctor give a letter saying my diagnosis.. thats relating esa and pip whats the res i dont know but she did ask when is my pip so it today i still got paid ussual amount.. I wonder if they will pay extra on my next esa payment and on next pip payment.. Or they pay me after seven days like she says on phone.. Cos i got today my pip and was same amount i get every time.. And i wonder are also backdate anything or not.. Pls if some one knows gove more news.. Thank u

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It's not clearly exactly what you're question is. If you're already claiming ESA then you don't need a letter from your GP stating a diagnosis, of any kind to claim the disability premium.

If you're talking about the Severe disability premium (SDP) of £64.30 per week then this is paid on top of your ESA and not your PIP. You PIP money will stay the same, unless you're awarded a higher rate in the future.

SDP can take a few weeks at least and if it's awarded the extra money is added to your ESA. Any backdated money owed is paid separately.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Weirdworld
    But the lady on the phone said to my key worker that i wont get pay for 7 days what did she meant i dont know.. Is she mean i dont get pay anything for 7 days and than they pay me after 7 days if case like this than after thos 7 days will be my esa payment 3 days latter thats 4th of october... I think she did take my bank details or something like this again.. So i wonder if some onw done it claim on the phone like me?
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea what they meant by 7 days. SDP will be backdated to the date you became eligible. If the SDP claim is because of a disability benefit award then it will be backdated to the date that started, if the other criteria applied at the time.

The only thing you have to wait for is for DWP to make sure you're eligible and there really isn't any time scales for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Weirdworld
    Oh okay i will ask the key worker again to make sure cos she is the one who talked on the phone i have no clue what she was saying to her but i did heard 7 day i get nothing maybe the form we send they got it and on top we called so maybe i already entitled to it thats why she say about this 7 days☺
  • Weirdworld
    Hi every one..
    I got may key worker to call esa again and they say by next wednesday the money will be in..
    Now is the money will be in from the day my key worker call them or be also backdated from when i got diagnosed with schizofective disorder wich is last year.. Can they backdated like for year? Sorry to be ignorant like this asking stuff but i dont know how works
  • poppy123456
    SDP can be backdated from the date you qualified and has nothing to do with being diagnosed with something because that's not how SDP works. Payments from DWP take 3-5 working days depending on your bank and when it was sent from DWP.
  • Weirdworld
    And how to know when i was qualifed how to find out
  • Weirdworld
    And my key worker called this tuesday so maybe friday i will have it
  • poppy123456
    That will depend on your circumstances and you'll need to speak to your key worker regarding this.
  • Weirdworld
    You mean when i 2as qualifed for it?
  • poppy123456
    Yes you'll need to speak to your key worker and asked when you qualified for the SDP because it will depend on circumstances.
  • Weirdworld
    And how will she know about it isnt she have to call and ask them
  • poppy123456
    She will know your circumstances. Or she can call ESA and ask how much money to expect to receive.
  • Weirdworld
    Hi every one today i supost to get my disibility premium last week the guy on the phone apologize to my key worker of his colegue cos she didnt do on sistem so him did it and and said by next week wenesday money will be inn but it isnt do any one knows anything about it what i should do or maybe will come latter on today or we have to call them again and find out? 
  • poppy123456
    Hi,

You will need to ring ESA or speak to your key worker, there's clearly some confusion going on here between the DWP and your key worker. As i said, a claim for SDP can take at least 4 weeks, longer in some cases.
  • Weirdworld
    I have a problem been yesterday they said she sick.. And its been like 4 weeks nearly we apply on 19 september.. I guess i pop in and ask them to call esa
  • poppy123456
    If you applied on 19th September that's only 3 weeks and you can't count weekends. I know you're anxious but claims for SDP can take at least 4 weeks. There's nothing you can do until the money is paid into your bank.
  • Weirdworld
    My next payment is on next tuesday so they maybe put then.. 
    Talking about it why would the men on phone say such a think the money will be inn by next wenesday what could he mean by that. He should say it takes few weeks to process the claim
  • Weirdworld
    Hi i got told i cant get disibility prmium cos i rent a room.. But i wonder can i claim universal credit on esa plus i with pip.. And whats is this new style esa
  • poppy123456
    That's correct, having a lodger means you don't qualify for the SDP.

You can't claim Universal and ESA together and i most certainly wouldn't advise you to claim UC.

New style ESA is contributions based ESA, as you're claiming Income related then you don't qualify for the new style one.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.