how i go about writing a letter to ask for a SoR. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

how i go about writing a letter to ask for a SoR.

babygirl5
babygirl5 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi all , im new to this group and would love some help . 
my partner has been receiving full care and mobility dla for 12 years . he had to apply for pip in january and was refused at all stages . we went to an appeal and he was so ill he had to lie on the floor so the adjourned it . we got another date and went again he was ull but managed to go thro the horrific bombardment of questions so that haf nothing to do with his illnes  e.ge asking how long we had been together, anyway we knew it hadnt went well as my parnter struggles to rememebr things due to his illness, sure enough we received a letter saying he had been refused . We want to ask for a statement of reason but we cant seem to get hold of our CAB advisor who was with us on that day and we only have two weeks left to get this can anyone help on how i go about writing a letter to ask for a SoR.

many thanks x

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @babygirl5 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear the experience you and your husband have had. I am unsure how to advise however some members of the community might know and will be in contact with you soon to help you!

I really do hope this is sorted soon for the both of you.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tarbatness
    Tarbatness Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Hi @babygirl5,
    First thing to do is contact your MP, saying you`re having difficulty with being awarded PIP and tell him/her you think PIP rules are unfair ! Next, just write a letter to the DWP requesting  a written statement of reasons - send it to the address on the letter the DWP sent you about being refused. 

There`s many websites available, that give advice on how to go about things, but keep trying to get in contact with your CAB advisor.
    www.disabilityrightsuk.org/appeals-and-mandatory-reconsideration

Hope this helps
  • yanni
    yanni Community member Posts: 91 Pioneering
    Hi
    You can request a statement of reasons by emailing or writing to whichever  regional office that dealt with the appeal. This should be on any correspondence you have from HMCTS about the appeal hearing or see here 
    http://sscs.venues.tribunals.gov.uk/Venues/venues.htm.

I just sent an email saying as following my appeal on XXXXXX at XXXXX in front of Judge XXXXXX I would like to request a statement of reasons. They sent a letter 2 weeks later confirming that the request has been referred to the judge.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Contacting your local MP isn't going to help here, sorry. A local MP can't do anything about a refusal of a PIP award. If you don't meet the descriptors there's no award. I'm not saying the descriptors don't apply to you but your local MP isn't going to know anything about a PIP claims process.

I'm not sure why you would contact the DWP for a copy of the Statement of reasons when it's nothing to do with them at this stage.

You can email HMCTS and request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings to be sent to you. All you need to do is ask for a copy of them. There's no timescales to how long this can take to receive them. Once you have them you'll need to find an error in law in making the decision, unless this is found you won't be able to proceed any further with this claim.

If you decide to start another claim in the future then i'd strongly advise you to get some help with the whole process. Using the same evidence as you previously used may see another refusal. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.