Is the £200 for taking old mobility car back in good condition fact or a myth — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is the £200 for taking old mobility car back in good condition fact or a myth

jose2
jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
edited March 2018 in Transport and travel
Due to receive a new mobility car in May,the car is in a very good condition,!,I had my 1st car with mobility 2013 after 3 years took back but never received any £200 for it being in very good condition too .Has anyone ever received £200 back c/o mobility
Thank you
jose2 

Comments

• SethLaa
    SethLaa Community member Posts: 111 Courageous
    As long as the car is in great condition (no dents but scratches are ok) then you will get a cashback/refund of £250 not £200, my car had some scratches and paint missing off the front but I still got the cash. I hope this helps.
    Good luck from Russell
  • lyndylou63
    lyndylou63 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    I am changing mine on Tuesday and I wondered the same.
  • SethLaa
    I should have said that did you make an advance payment on your current car, if so then the dealer may have reduced it by £250
  • duckett123
    duckett123 Community member Posts: 81 Courageous
    yes its true you get bonus for good condition cars £250
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    @josie2    Yes as long as its condition fits the category of fair wear and tear you get £250 back.  My last one had a couple of scratches and I still got it.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• jose2
    Thank you all so much for your replies,@ SethLaa,this car I have now ordered I am due to pay  a substantial amount but only £50.00 deducted from same,the other car I had I paid £1,500 with no deductions,no-one at my last garage mentioned anything about getting £250.00 back ,so where do I inquire or redeem this money from last car ( with no scratches or dents etc!)and as also this car to be returned hasn't neither any scratches ,dents and has only done 2.700 mls in 4 years.(kept it for longer as and because of low milage)Do I inquire at Mobility or the garage? about these monies never received? 
  • SethLaa
    Methinks you need to talk to Mobility about this as it seems very strange although there is a possibility that you lost the bonus as you had the car for longer than the usual period, no harm in enquiring, if you get any cashback then you owe me a drink haha
  • jose2
    Will do  @SethLaa on both counts -Ha Ha !
    Will keep you updated if all is returned.
  • SethLaa
  • booth273
    booth273 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Every car I have had on the scheme has been returned in very good condition and I have always received the £250 'bonus'... If this was not done with your previous car, it would probably be hard to prove it was returned in good condition now - which is a shame as you should have been made aware of this by the salesperson at the garage. 
  • exdvr

@jose2     I changed my Motability car on Friday 30th March and this morning received a Good Condition Bonus cheque [dated 02/04/2018] for £250. 

Amazingly quick.    Any news on how you're doing? 

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• lyndylou63
    lyndylou63 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    I changed my on 20th march and received a cheque for £250 2 weeks later 

• reysan
    reysan Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Jose 2 you should automatically get the £250 returned to you within 7days if you don't get it then you need too phone them
  • jose2
    Sorry everyone for been so late in answering all mails, had a few problems getting new car since April from motability scheme,car ordered ,then salesman informed me that car would take until July to come,then he asked me for deposit in May,made a few enquiries about this at Motability ,as I thought usually been asked for a deposit when I went to pick up the car and on same day,Motability rang particular garage and informed them on my part to cancel my order,so I went to the garage I'd always used in the past ,and within x 3 weeks had new car,and I was sent a cheque for old car been in good condition of £450.00 within 4 days ,as I'd had it for 4 years. So in end all turned out well and @SethLaa still owe you a drink ! ah ah !
  • SethLaa
    I aint forgot about the drink lol, am glad yous got it all sorted x
  • jose2
    @SethLaa, thanks again for mails x
  • SethLaa
    Twas my pleasure x
  • exdvr
    The Motability Good Condition Bonus increased to £600 (3 year lease) or £900 (5 year lease) around July this year https://www.motaclarity.co.uk/news/how-much-is-the-motability-good-condition-bonus

Even with some minor damage and scratches which could be expected over the length of the lease you would probably qualify for it.  Possibly enough to cover the advance payment on your next car.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,325 Disability Gamechanger
    The Motability Good Condition Bonus increased to £600 (3 year lease) or £900 (5 year lease) around July this year https://www.motaclarity.co.uk/news/how-much-is-the-motability-good-condition-bonus
    Thanks for that information, i didn't know they increased it from £500.  I'm due to order my next one tomorrow, so this extra money will come in very handy.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @poppy123456

I did post about this increase in July of this year, it was in the Motability July newsletter.

Its good news all round, as I keep my vehicle for five years and the £900, will cover the Advanced payments.

Best wishes

Brightness