Pip payment after tribunal win? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip payment after tribunal win?

newbie2017
newbie2017 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi, how long does it take the dwp to pay the new award? ( from low care to enhanced care)....

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It can take anything from 2 - 6 weeks. Sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • newbie2017
    Thanks for the info poppy....
    Will dwp send confirmation letters (the new award letter) detailing the new award and back payment? ....
    It has been 5 weeks since the tribunal decision .....
  • poppy123456
    Yes they will. It maybe worth giving DWP a ring because they may have asked the Tribunal for the statement of reasons which could be the reason for the delay in payments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Katysmith
    Katysmith Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I keep lost my tribunal with pip can anyone help me 
  • poppy123456
    Katysmith said:
    I keep lost my tribunal with pip can anyone help me 
    Hi,

If you've had your Tribunal hearing and it didn't go in your favour then the only way you can appeal the decision is if an error in law was made. To find this then you'll need to ask the Tribunal for the statement of reasons and record of proceedings and you have 28 days after the decision to request these. If no error in law is found then i'm afraid that's the end and you won't be able to take it further.
  • newbie2017
    Apparently there is a huge backlog re pip back payments/new award implementations??....has anyone else been waiting more than 6 weeks to receive the new award letter/back payment ?
  • poppy123456
    Backdated payments after a Tribunal win can take anything up to 8 weeks or more. Longer if DWP ask for the statement of reasons.
  • newbie2017
    Hi poppy,  thanks for the reply.  If they had asked for a S.O.R would i have been informed of this ? Ie a letter?...via speaking to them they have not mentioned the s.o.r - just delays......
    Thanks for any info. ..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.