Advice on PIP MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on PIP MR

kurlis1
kurlis1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
 i just wanted to ask a question my son was diagnosed with Pots and Ehlers-Danlos syndromes in which we have claimed no benefits oh we had ESA for about 3 months then went for a interview which he scored 12 points we are now in reconsideration  and are still waiting 3months on We have been to citizens advice and were advised to put in a claim for pip didn't get that either so it looks as though we will be putting in a reconsideration again for this before friday ?(any advice ) it seems its not the illness but your capabilities they are interested in ? he has good and bad days like everyone else ?

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool

will generate an MR submission letter.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes pip is about how your condition affects you day to day according to the descriptors. There’s lots of advice available here for claiming pip successfully 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to qualify for enough PIP points at least 50% of the time, i.e. at least 4 days out of 7.
  • kurlis1
    i really don't understand the benefits system ?
  • kurlis1
    what about ESA when you have sick notes and letters from the professionals that say my son is  unfit for work they still say well surely he can work 16 hours a week he had to give up a career because of his health as a parent it is heartbreaking to see, i can understand why people don't claim, like i have said before he has lived of his savings so this benefit system is all new to me . surely he is entitled to something ,
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Unfortunately it makes no difference if a GP thinks that a person isn't fit for work because a DWP decision maker can overrule this. When being assessed for ESA they assess you on the work you can do rather than the work you can't do. The evidence that he needs should state how his conditions affect him based on the ESA descriptors for either of the groups. My advice is to get expert advice and support through the MR and Tribunal if he gets this far and most do. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kurlis1
    edited October 2018
    ok thank-you..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.