New style ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New style ESA

Options
lyndylou63
lyndylou63 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
hi l am a bit confused.

i have just rang jobcentre plus to apply for contributory esa. They told me as I live in a full universal credit area I have to apply through them. When I rang them they didn't know about new style esa. I do not qualify for U C as my husband earns above the allowance. How do I apply for this new style esa ? I have enough N. I contributions. Do I need to fill the esa 1 online still as they don't want to do it over the phone.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tomm, thank you for researching the information the more we know about the new ESA and the option to claim this benefit instead of being forced onto UC wrongly. DWP will save £1000s  per claimant if we where all moved transferred from ESA to UC. So please seek get professional advice before making the transition.
  • trixiewoo
    trixiewoo Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I had a nightmare with new style ESA, was pushed onto uc, I was not entitled to it because my husband works, after about 20 phone calls and various online arguments with my uc coach I managed to be put on esa. I even have a letter from the manager of my local job centre stating I was not entitled to new style esa even though by that time I was getting it!! and to make it all worse I put in a complaint, was offered £100 compensation and the still have not paid it!!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.