Hi, my name is Wan! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Wan!

Options
Wan
Wan Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone
O.k my son is 27 and is a.d.h.d ..On the autisum spectrum line..schizophrinia..and learning difficulties..
My son has been on the high rare component for d.l.a since he was 10 yrs old.
In 2017 dec 11th he was informed to change to p.i.p. As his carer. I took him to his assessment in which he had a girl of no older than 23yrs old to interview him..after which 2 weeks later a letter came to say he got 0 points...Not only that..the report from p.i.p also said they got in touch with his family doctor and mental health consultant phychatrist .. to which both  said they never rang them or sent any letters...as well as other lies added...anyway shocked as we were. We then went for it to be looked at again...and again it was not revirsed and stayed on 0 points
We have now been waiting 42 weeks for a tribuneral date which is wakefield courts..
We ring them evey week and all they say is there is a back.log..you will hear soon.
This isnt right at all..and i know other people are in the same situation..mysons disabilities affect every day of his life..he takes string meds..in which he has to have fortnightly bloods..weight..overall check up. Ect..
Its just not on

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Wan   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Sorry to hear this and how the community can advise you. They will be many community members who can identify what you are going through.

Understand I feel for you as I am one myself.  Been through his experience and it is never ever easy to hear this.

All I can say you have come to the right place and hope we can offer guidance and information, advice.

We are a friendly supportive community. Care and share.

Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @wan, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through as a family. I'm sure many others on the community will be able to relate: at the very least, I hope it helps being among others who understand.

If we can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do let us know.

Brightness