juebag claiming PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

juebag claiming PIP

Options
juebag
juebag Community member Posts: 7 Listener
 I was in receipt of DLA middle care and higher mobility.I was asked to claim PIP on the 23rd July. I  claimed PIP and  was awarded standard rate daily living but no mobility which I will be appealing.The decision letter is dated 24 th October 2018 however I claimed PIP after DWP asked me to claim PIP.. What I don't understand is my PIP daily living award starts from November 21st 2018 but the DWP state they can't award PIP for mobility from July 23 rd 2018. Is this correct because I did not have my medical face to face assessment until the 20 th September and the award decision is dated 24 October 2018 . I would have thought my DLA award would cease on the 24 th October not 23 rd July  because 24 th October  is the date of the award decision of PIP .Can someone explain any of this to me please many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Options
    No, that's not correct, if it was the you'll end up owing them money. When transferring from DLA your money continues until a decision is made on the PIP. DLA is then paid for a further 4 weeks. You'll need to ring them when they open.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • juebag
    Options
    Thank you I will ring them 
  • juebag
    Options
    Hi rang PIP they were adamant it was correct I spoke to a case manager who said yes its correct and that she knew nothing about DLA . Contacted CAB who have been advising me ,had to leave a message no further ahead until the postie delivered a letter from Motability about my stopped allowance. Motability have informed me that DLA are paying my mobility until 21 st November and then I have the option of having the lease on my motability car extended while I go through a mandatory reconsideration and if that does not award me mobility an appeal.Thank you Poppy123456 for your advice and support 
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    Your Pip Starts from the day it is awarded, if you are on DLA they will pay up to when your Pip payments start.
  • juebag
    Options
    Thank you for your reply

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.