A new kitchen product designed to allow wheelchair users to use the kitchen independently — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A new kitchen product designed to allow wheelchair users to use the kitchen independently

Options
louisf7
louisf7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hi my name is Louis and I’m a current 3rd year Product design and manufacture student at Nottingham University. I am currently working on a project to change the way wheelchair users carry out tasks in the kitchen and to enable them to cook independently. I am posting looking to gain an insight into the daily struggles wheelchair users face when it comes to cooking. If you have any suggestions or modifications to current kitchens or kitchen products that you have carried out or problems that you face daily that you would like to be eradicated I would love to hear them. In particular if there are any tasks, i.e cooking on a hob, that are especially troublesome and if you have any suggestions to counteract this.

The information gathered in this post will be used to inform and develop a new kitchen product design that will change the way wheelchair users are able to cook and to improve everyday life. All information that I do gather will remain anonymous and will remain confidential

Comments

• victoriafinney
    victoriafinney Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    Lifting heavy hot items is very difficult for me. Ive been burned more than once. Its actually getting things out of the oven that causes me most problems. The trays feel very heavy to me and also.. Try leaning over a hot oven door whilst seated.  I dare you.

Disclaimer: this post was for entertainment purposes only. The able bodied who try this stunt do so at their own risk. Like us. And boy is it risky!

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.