p i p s stopped - followed by d w p investigation officer — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

p i p s stopped - followed by d w p investigation officer

imcj
imcj Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Was taking dog for short walk noitced men &women following me didn't think of anything bad thought their were after my dog went for a long walk to get rid of them didn't want to return home didn't want them to know my address a week later the came to my address I phoned the police and complains about these men police gave me a crime number since then I know it was the d w p investigation officer can I go to a tribunal and explain my case please help me thanks

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Have you received a letter informing you that your PIP has been stopped? If so they must provide a reason, and what their intentions are. Get back to the forum for further help and advice. Good luck  
  • imcj
    Yes stopped my money went for a meeting under caution and was told I walked a long way only because I was followed and was scared to come home didn't want them to know where I lived thanks for your help
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @imcj welcome to the community.

We have lots of information about appealing a DWP decision here. It may be worth you getting some advice, you can speak to the CAB or to the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Peasmold_01
    Interviewed under caution ! May I suggest you contact a solicitor ASAP  and put them in the picture and seek their advice. Have you received any communication from DWP since the interview? If you are thinking of appearing, wait until you receive the DWP decision letter detailing the outcome of the interview. Good luck. 
  • imcj
    Yes seen a solictor paid £400 for preared statement cant afford no more got M R letter saying no change now going to appeal
  • Peasmold_01
    Have DWP stopped all of your benefits, or just mobility? There is something strange about this situation  Why were DWP investigators looking at what you were able to do? Had they been tipped off about something, or was it just random? Were you in receipt of the mobility element of PIP? 
  • imcj
    Yes they stopped all my money someone reported me to d w p please help me
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @imcj
    With legal matters it is always good to get some proper advice, as I said you can speak to the CAB or to the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333

You might also like to check out The Law Centre?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Peasmold_01
    Do you have a community law centre near you or a university law school? If so contact them. Keep in touch, what part of the country do live? 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to have to say this but it looks as if you have been reported for suspected claiming a benefit you may not or are not entitled to receive. The fact you have stated your self that you where out walking your dog says a lot if you where in receipt of PIP mobility component then by publicly demonstrating your abilities of walking more than the PIP descriptors proves that you have been claiming when you should have informed the DWP that your circumstances have changed, improved. This must have been going on for a considerable time weeks or months for an investigation team to be sent out to follow, observe you dog walking. I hope you get some legal advice.
  • sunnydays
    sunnydays Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    What grounds have they stopped Pip on? Have they mentioned if they are going to take any further action?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    As you mention you have a solicitor helping you with this then you really should be speaking to them about it. It's totally impossible to give any advice on an internet forum because no one knows your case or the reasons you were claiming PIP to start with.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Asher3
    Asher3 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Get legal advice ASAP no matter the cost..
    What level of Mobility were you getting?
    Did you happen to have a paid dog walker before this incident?

• Asher3
    edited November 2018
    It goes along way if you can prove the person who reported you had malicious intent.
    If they take you to court, which it looks like, the the minimum will be to pay back the money.
    If anyone else gets asked to attend an interview under caution, take a solicitor with you!
    The next step would be a summons depending on what they have seen and recorded of your movements and what was said in the interview during the interview. 
    The rate of mobility you are receiving will play a large part as well as the amount of time you have been receiving it.
    They will look at your bank and credit cards and even your freedom pass if you have one to see where to go.
    They will talk to your neighbours.

Get a solicitor 
    Sorry to be a downer.

Good luck

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    How often do you manage to walk your dog ? and how far do you usually walk ?
    How far did you have to walk on this occasion ?  Were you observed on more than one occasion ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    How often do you manage to walk your dog ? and how far do you usually walk ?
    How far did you have to walk on this occasion ?  Were you observed on more than one occasion ?
    Normally they will have video footage of more than one occasion - this would show that the ability to walk is ongoing. 
    It does however depend of what the mobility award was - hope that it was not enhanced!

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

None of these posts of @imjc stack up, with reference to counter fraud work undertaken by DWP.

In particular, the DWP arriving at his front door following an alleged counter surveillance activity by them, of his dog walking event.

Or that he engaged a solicitor to draft a statement on his behalf.

I note with interest, he has not posted anything, since 4.05pm.

I am sure @imjc would wish to throw further light, on his situation, to enable the community to assist him as much as possible.
  • imcj
    No it wasntenhanced they followed me for5days I thought they were after my dog I was scared to go home on the 5 day when they were outside my house I phoned the police because I was scared
  • Asher3
    edited November 2018
    Get a crime reff for that call or some evidence it took place.

It would be normal to send a letter requesting an interview under caution.

Why did that not happen?

• Asher3
    The only answer to this is to get a solicitor and be as honest as you can with them after legal advice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.