PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Industrial injury, PIP and chronic pain

SystemSystem Posts: 574

Scope community team

edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is chelseachris!.

Replies

• chelseachrischelseachris Member Posts: 16 Listener
    Many thanks for that.I have been on PIP since I was made IHR from my job as a Postman.I had an injury called a Maisonneuve injury.I slipped and put all my weight onto my right leg causing a ripping and tearing of ligaments and the syndesmosis coming out as a break up the fibula.Ankle off the joint and it required surgery and screws.I lost my job on grounds of capability,I used to walk 12/14 miles a day now not able to do that in metres in s day due to arthritis in the joint.I also had cervical spondylosis diagnosed a few years ago but was able to keep that under control with painkillers and doing exercises.But now that is starting to give me more and more bother due to the inactivity and hobbling around with a stick.I got Industrial injury benefit for life at 40% loss of faculty.This was only approved last year and I haven't mentioned this to PIP yet,I don't know if this will help my case or not.I get standard rate for both but was more concerned about how quick they reassess you.I am a 56 year old man and always been active up until this accident but boy it gets me down at times not being  able to do the simple things I took for granted.But hay there are a lot worse than me around.. Again many thanks for that link
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    Many thanks for that.I have been on PIP since I was made IHR from my job as a Postman.I had an injury called a Maisonneuve injury.I slipped and put all my weight onto my right leg causing a ripping and tearing of ligaments and the syndesmosis coming out as a break up the fibula.Ankle off the joint and it required surgery and screws.I lost my job on grounds of capability,I used to walk 12/14 miles a day now not able to do that in metres in s day due to arthritis in the joint.I also had cervical spondylosis diagnosed a few years ago but was able to keep that under control with painkillers and doing exercises.But now that is starting to give me more and more bother due to the inactivity and hobbling around with a stick.I got Industrial injury benefit for life at 40% loss of faculty.This was only approved last year and I haven't mentioned this to PIP yet,I don't know if this will help my case or not.I get standard rate for both but was more concerned about how quick they reassess you.I am a 56 year old man and always been active up until this accident but boy it gets me down at times not being  able to do the simple things I took for granted.But hay there are a lot worse than me around.. Again many thanks for that link
    I can only tell you how the DWP treated my situation as regards PIP.
    Like you I too have a 'for life' IIDB award for PTSD & brain injury (mental health issues). The DWP completely ignored the IIDB award and the doctors report amongst other evidence from the Memory Clinic and came up with 14 reasons why I do not have any mental health issues that impact on my life. 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 7,196 Disability Gamechanger
    It will help your case up to a point but it's far more important to specifically address which points you score and why.
Sign in or join us to comment.