Somebody to attend PIP assessment with me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Somebody to attend PIP assessment with me

Bevers1959
Bevers1959 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Have pip assessment my brother who normally come with me has an appointment  so cant attend ,have tried everywhere for someone to attend with me but no luck Any suggestions please would be much appreciated 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bevers1959, and a warm welcome to the community!

I've moved your post into our PIP/DLA discussions where hopefully our other members will be able to advise. I've also removed your other duplicate posts, so hopefully all your responses should be here!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you tried to rearrange your assessment ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Bevers1959
    Yes but they said no
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Why did they say no? Is it because you've canceled one appointment previously?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bevers1959
    Thank you am new on here ,just need advise 
  • Bevers1959
    No,said that because it is 2wks away, it was to late and changing appointment would go against me
  • Bevers1959
    Its a review i,m attending, explained to them that i would struggle but they said i had to attend, they dont realise how challenging it will be, i dont know if its a good idea my brother coming he has heart problems, and it will be hard for him to sit through ,me explaining how the abuse affects me
  • o5jessica
    o5jessica Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Hi I have same  my medical pip capita failed me, 
    Since July to-date I got home visit, yet again it am time .
    I'm need pm my high care needs etc.
    Shocked  when too my fromer soical worker left her job 
    She was to sis in on medical , 
    As I got additional information medical evidence sent to capita dwp too
     They never took any notice off that I'm never do mormoin side effects meds too or alone with strangers.
    Instead capita buness services limited company employees. Still came  9.15am I'm no one to help me yet , major shocked.

I since had fromer social worker call many times explain again .
    Instead of checking my evidence hers too.
    I'm block to dla, offer pip even paper based medical.
     I since logged official complaint of disability discrimination cause me harm.
    Beach duty of care.
    To dwp too
    To review cumpter descion. Now my new social worker Fri  failed to support assist me to find out what going on .I no family members support.so I know to well how difficult to find trust in some one to support you and in medical. 
  • poppy123456
    They can't refuse to change an appointment date. You need to ring them back, tell them that you don't have someone to go with you on that date. Tell them you'd like to cancel and arrange another date/time. Make sure you don't refuse to go and before you ring them ask your brother what dates he's available to go with you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bevers1959
    It is hard ,am under a psychologist now so hope they will take that into consideration 
  • Bevers1959
    It is hard ,am now under a psychologist so hope they will take that into consideration 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    They can't refuse to change an appointment date. You need to ring them back, tell them that you don't have someone to go with you on that date. Tell them you'd like to cancel and arrange another date/time. Make sure you don't refuse to go and before you ring them ask your brother what dates he's available to go with you.
    Yes they can. It is not a requirement for someone to attend with them.

I have been to three and my wife sat outside in the reception area whilst I went in on my own. It's not as though it's an execution chamber!
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2018
    Absolute rubbish! First you quote a post of mine a few days ago telling me that there's no rule to how many tmes you can cancel an assessment. Now you tell me they can't refuse because someone can't attend alone. That's nonsense! There's people with anxiety that are unable to go anywhere alone. I'm sure you make it up as you go along. Scaring people again, i see.
  • Bevers1959
    Some people just dont get it ,stress and anxiety, is hard and some of us dont have anybody ,dont like the thought of my brother who has heart trouble having the extra stress of worrying about me , they dont no what its like when you are physically sick because of meeting  someone you dont no espcially when you have been sexually abused
  • Yadnad
    Absolute rubbish! First you quote a post of mine a few days ago telling me that there's no rule to how many tmes you can cancel an assessment. Now you tell me they can't refuse because someone can't attend alone. That's nonsense! There's people with anxiety that are unable to go anywhere alone. I'm sure you make it up as you go along. Scaring people again, i see.
    That's true, there is no legal or regulatory reason why you can't cancel many times.
    However the DWP decided that despite that they limit the number.

Therefore whilst you have the right to cancel more than once, the DWP/assessor will not accept that application. 

The DWP guidance says that you may bring someone with you, not must.
     There is no legal right to have anybody with you in the assessment. In fact the assessor does have the right to refuse admission into the room or evict part way through the assessment if they feel that the person that the claimant brought with them is disruptive or causing issue with the process.

• poppy123456
    @Yadnad bevers1959 has anxiety issues and is unable to go to the assessment alone. Your comments aren't helping here, no one said anything about anyone being disruptive. You really do always seem to manage to twist things.

@Bevers1959 please ring the assessment providers tomorrow morning and explain to them that because of your anxiety issues you would like to cancel and re-book the assessment to a date when your brother can attend with you. Make sure you speak to your brother first so you know what days he's not available.
  • Yadnad
    @Yadnad bevers1959 has anxiety issues and is unable to go to the assessment alone. Your comments aren't helping here, no one said anything about anyone being disruptive. You really do always seem to manage to twist things.

Not at all, I was outlining the facts as they are.
  • Bevers1959
    Will try and thanks to the ones who have helpfull ,just hope that the other people wont get anxiety issues cause its a struggle everyday
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you manage to sort it out, With anxiety issues this can only make it worse
    My thoughts are with you

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    Will try and thanks to the ones who have helpfull ,just hope that the other people wont get anxiety issues cause its a struggle everyday
    You're welcome. I know exactly what anxiety is like because i've suffered with it myself and my daughter still does. Good luck with your assessment!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.