Pip waiting for decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip waiting for decision

Tommy35
Tommy35 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my pip assessment on the 4 September they received the report on the 10 th I still have not received any decision , has anyone else had a pip assessment around about this time is it normal to wait so long 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tommy35   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear waiting long time. You can ask for an update or more information.  Call the PIP helpline 

0800 121 4433

We are a friendly, supportive community.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    With backlogs it can take a while but you could of asked for a copy of your report 7 days after your tribunal that would of given you an idea of your award
  • chiz
    chiz Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Hi @Tommy35
    I had my assessement 17th sept , i waited 4 weeks rang pip they gave me my descion over the phone .. they asked did i want to speak to a case manager i said yes and then the guy told me over the phone .
    Goodluck 
  • valleyboy
    valleyboy Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    Pip assessment decisions normally take between 4-6weeks,if you ain't heard after 5 then ring them as they will give you the decision over.the fone providing it's been done..
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @Tommy35!

As the others have said, waiting times can vary and there can be a backlog, but please do keep us updated: fingers crossed things will move forwards soon!
  • Tommy35
    Thank you for your reply they made my decision I got it over the phone this morning it took 11 weeks to find out thanks for everyone that replied 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    Tommy35 said:
    Thank you for your reply they made my decision I got it over the phone this morning it took 11 weeks to find out thanks for everyone that replied 
    Were you successful?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tommy35
    Yeah I got enhanced mobility and enhanced daily for 5 years,,,, I was so happy for it to be over it was stressful wait,, you know what I wasn't going to go because I have heard such bad stories glad I did I get backdated money from march so really good outcome
  • Tommy35
    Yeah I got enhanced mobility and enhanced daily for 5 years,,,, I was so happy for it to be over it was stressful wait,, you know what I wasn't going to go because I have heard such bad stories glad I did I get backdated money from march so really good outcome
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news! Just goes to show, you shouldn't read too many stories on the internet.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiz
    chiz Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Hi @Tommy35
    Brilliant news .. goes to show there is successful stories people x
    Nice early xmas present x
  • Tommy35
    chiz said:
    Hi @Tommy35
    Brilliant news .. goes to show there is successful stories people x
    Nice early xmas present x
    Thanks alot it was brilliant news I had a tough few years x
  • Susie55
    Susie55 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Hia i just phoned pip they gave me the decision over phone have waited 7weeks got enhanced living and standard mobility for 3years mine is starting from 26December no back payment for me why is that i wonder.If anyone knows i will pleased to know.Thanks
  • Tommy35
    Susie55 said:
    Hia i just phoned pip they gave me the decision over phone have waited 7weeks got enhanced living and standard mobility for 3years mine is starting from 26December no back payment for me why is that i wonder.If anyone knows i will pleased to know.Thanks
    I phoned up the same as you did on Monday and told my decision, the lady then told me I would be awarded it from march and told me the amount it was fairly large,, then I had a call to my mobile from the dwp it was the same lady she told me the decision marker had got the sum of money wrong and said that she was awarding me more she looked into my case after are phone call I might not of ever got that extra money if she didn't look into it,,, sorry I can't be of more help but thats what happened, in my case so they do pay backdated money as they did with me,, maybe ring them again and ask for a explanation it can't hurt,, I find some call handlers really good and some useless it's really luck of the draw,, I find the Irish office super helpful I don't know if anyone else agrees with that
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Susie55 said:
    Was this a new claim or a change from DLA ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Tommy35
    It was a pip review 
  • Tommy35
    I went from standed mobilty to enhance on both
  • Susie55
    A change from dla
  • Tommy35
    No I was never on dla,, , I was on pip and they reviewed it 
  • Susie55
    Perhaps that is why im not having backdated money as i am changing from DLA to PIP and not a review do you think

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.