Worried — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried

Options
sclarence88
sclarence88 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone need some advice please. Iv recieved a letter stating someone is coming too see me from esa or somewere to check that im recieving correct benifet etc. They want to see a bank statement specifically for a certain date. Im very worried as iv never had this happen and been on esa 5years now. Are they thinking that im working? Or that i have savings or have they had report ? Im confused its making me ill. They said if i dont get statement or miss appointment it will effect my benifets. My account is overdrawn on those dates but i recieved a transfer of £340 from my brother so im worried. Can anyone help?

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    Be honest and have your answers ready that is all you can do 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, if your bank statements prove you had below the £6000 limit to affect your benefits then having a loan, bank transfer from who ever will not and should not cause you any concern, unless it your brother who was is claiming benefits at the time and trsnfered money from his account to ensure he didn’t go over the limit. But I doubt if it’s either so try not to worry and think before you answer and try to have a trustfriend present at the interview. Keep posting and update us on the outcome.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.