On the verge of suiciside - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

On the verge of suiciside

13»

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Paddie

That’s my Pleasure ? 

I live in the “West Midlands”

Where do you live????

Yes I have also had lots of problems with my eyes ? 

Don’t worry about things!!!!!!!

Please please let me know if I can help you further?????
  • Paddie
    Paddie Community member Posts: 75 Courageous
    @steve51
    small world... I used to live in the West Midlands.... I now live over 300 miles away!!!
    I can't  imagine meeting up for a cuppa at that distance......
    Paddie
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Paddie

“O” that’s a shame where in the W\M’s did you live I’m in Birmingham.

Don’t worry will have to do it on here somehow!!!!!

leave it with me!!!!!!
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Paddie Good morning how are you?. Thanks for reply. Understand thank you for sharing.  

Thanks for asking about me. I am just doing fine.

One thing is that you went to church lighting a candle.  I use my bible to guide and support me. The words often very poignant.

You mentioned the priest maybe looking at the services they might offer.  Lots of the aspects of the Church have social links.

Also organisations like the Salvation Army  have offer support services.  There might be a local branch to you.

I know you are concerned about your hospital appointment. I am sure that will be fine to give you some reassurance.

Keep in touch.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • lina
    lina Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Paddie

I have just joined and have been reading your post and the comments.  I have recently been diagnosed with x2 aneurysms after 3 CT scans and an MRI.  I had the scans because I had double and blurred vision, they thought I had too much  cerebal fluid around my brain.

I have moderate to severe depression and since the diagnosis and educating myself about aneurysms I have in the last few months seriously had suicidal thoughts.

What keeps me going is the thought of my family if I did.  

I also had a brother who after a RTA ended up becoming paraplegic.  He was such an active person before that; 15  years later he was diagnosed with terminal cancer and eventually passed in 2011.  My reasons for mentioning him are because he gave me and continues to give  me strength.

I once asked him how he got through each day after being such an active person,  his reply 'Lina there is always someone worse off than me!' He went on to say that when he was at his lowest he would think of the children who have terminal illnesses etc and that would give him the strength to fight on.

Now I have been diagnosed with the aneurysms and know what the outlook for me is I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified.  I already have memory loss, fatigue, swelling of my face and lots of other symptoms which is why I worry about how horrendous it will be when and if they burt or leak. I was such an independent person before and now I am dependant which makes me so angry that my body can let me down.  As you can understand my mental health has been seriously affected.

What I'm trying to say is during those really dark moments try to concentrate on the positive in your life..... family,  friends etc... its really difficult but take each minute as it comes. Try to mentally make your body fight. 

Sending you my love, strength and best wishes for your future.

Lina x

Brightness