My pip claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My pip claim

Options
Hollypop
Hollypop Community member Posts: 5 Listener
My pip was reviewed in february this year and I was granted standard daily living again. But since then my fibromyalgia has got considerably worse, I have a real problem with my hips and knees, bursitis and some osteo arthritis, I can only walk with a stick now, stairs are a real problem and despite various injections, physio and pain clinics, nothing has helped. I am 55 and have been working as a school lab technician, but been signed off since september, I have had HR in contact and arrange a meeting with Occupational Health with a view to retiring me through ill health as I just cant do my job anymore. I'm awaiting the outcome of that. 
What I wanted to know was should I inform the dwp about my change in condition? I have been granted a disabled badge for my car, and I think I would probably meet their criteria for a mobility award. But I am so scared. I suffer also with bad depression and anxiety, another assessment would be a nightmare, also I have heard that some people have lost their original pip awards after notifying dwp of a change of circumstance. If i lose mine, I will go under for sure. Any advice please?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reporting a change of circumstances can be risky, especially if your current award length is fairly long. You would be sent more PIP2 forms and another face to face assessment is highly likely.

No one on an internet forum can tell you exactly if there's any risks to your cirrect award because we don't know how your conditions affect you so it's impossible to advise further on this.

I'd advise you to get face to face advice before reporting any changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hollypop
    Hollypop Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.